Ride Time. how long can you ride?

6S Lipo 5A - single motor from enertion, bad hobby esc (waiting for the vesc) that is not really reliable when breaking so I’m rarely topping the speed (~18mph / 28kmh) of my build because I know that car and bikes can break much faster than me

Max range with these conditions is around 8 miles (13km) draining the battery from 25v to 21v (3.5v per cell), that is around 1h of continuous riding time at those low speeds ( compared to the other guys here ;), I think over 25mph will be scary for me because I know that here drivers don’t care much about pedestrians and bikes, they think the road is theirs, I think they care even less about skates ^^ )

First is commuting to an event, speed drops because I’m walking into the underwater tunnel, also they’re both door to door logs so the first and last part I’m walking, also I try to not go over 10mph when I’m on busy sidewalks, at least that should increase range

On the following one I stopped riding at some points at 3/4 of my ride and walked because traffic was too scary at rush hour in that area, can’t wait for my vesc to arrive :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for another 6s lipo to arrive and double the range + in the future I plan to get a space cell 10s so I can increase my max speed too

1 Like

Raptor Dual 60kg

@makevoid can you tell us which Enertion motor and your approx weight Thanks!

Even at that speed 8 miles on a single 6s 5A is great performance Now I’m interested to see a graph of speed vs distance too

The 6372, this one: http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/6374-190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/

I’m ~95kg, I think this battery I’m using is very good, I got it for 60 usd, I’m waiting for another one to go 10A but it takes 1 month to arrive :no_mouth:

I’ll try to make a 8 mile run and post the graph, that app I’m using graphs speed vs distance (graph on the bottom), do you have another app you suggest for android?

Thanks for the info Wow that’s even more impressive for a big guy like me. I weight the same.

As for the graph I meant in general like the one lowGuido is doing for this thread but charting people’s speed vs distance ratios. To see if there is a sweet spot for efficency, just curious, you know for science (as LG would say) :grinning:

Sorry to hear about your long wait, that’s the toughest part of this hobby I’m waiting on quite a few things for my first build and it tortuous

5 posts were split to a new topic: What GPS tracking app do you use?

I didnt think this question was worth a new thread so i want to ask it in here.

Do you guys see a significant difference between ride time with Lipo and Liion with the exact same spec packs.

for those of us who use both.

I feel like my Liion pack drains faster than my lipo. It might be in my head… or maybe i just abuse the speed on 10s.

My build looks a lot like yours. 6s 5000mah with a 190kv motor. I get around an hour of ride time. I weigh around 200 pounds/90 kg and ride on flat ground.

Going 12s soon with 149kv … Torque o Rama

1 Like

i just put a whole bunch of reduction into an old single drive board i have. 14:40 on 213kv and that b*tch wants to climb walls now. Not sure how the range will be affected. prob worse maybe not

1 Like

Lol… You can put in drywall screws with that lol

How is it skating around those areas of london? Will be building a board soon and going around those parts. Have you had any issues going in the cycle highways?

Some angry bike riders on bike lanes sometimes but no majour issues, be careful of cars popping out from intersections, they don’t know that you can’t brake as fast as a bike.

on park paths and in general when riding on sidewalks and in smaller roads there are a lot of cracks and rough asphalt/terrain, because of that I switched recently to bigger wheels and it’s slightly better now

I haven’t made any scientific measurement but I’d say around an hour with a 6S 5200mah, single motor setup A few small hills but I only weight about 60kg

6S 5000mAh with 4.1V to 3.76V: 11.53KM in 43min. Did not try to go full speed but was taking it slow and just cruised around town on bicycle lanes.

Motor is a SK3 149kv with 20/28 9mm pulleys

Edit: charger says 3000mAh have been used

1 Like

I have 2x3s in series for a 6s and just went close to 11.5 miles with 10.9v left. This was in about an hour and a half. I’m amazed at the performance of these lipos and the board as a whole. Just completed it a few days ago.

Tested the range of my board at a friend’s house this past weekend. He has a nice loop around the neighbourhood! I’m running a 6s 5000mAh setup. Got these results before soft voltage cutoff on VESC:

• Distance: 12.6 km
  • Elapsed time: 0:39 (minutes)
  • Max speed: 28.8 km/h
  • Average speed: 18.65 km/h

the physicist in me is weeping :stuck_out_tongue:

firstly, riding time is a function of battery size, so you would usually swap axes really. and while time is already a nearly pointless measure, mAh is truly pointless. next time please use Wh! no offense meant, I would love statistics about drive train & battery efficiencies, i.e. max range as function of Wh. even that is flawed due to different riding speeds, but everyone can try to be as efficient as possible, i.e. run quite slowly, on flat terrain without much braking & accelerating.

on endless sphere we also had a graph of power consumption as function of velocity - that has been really useful for me to determine what kind of battery current Ill have to expect. so please, more threads like these, but think about the relevant quantities beforehand! :innocent:

Can you provide a link?