Reverse Mount ground clearance with TorqueBoard mounts and motors

That’s too low… unless you get rid of the riser in which case it’s reasonable. Alternatively, add another riser. Or just rotate the motor so that the wires aren’t a problem and then you’re good to go (most likely)

1 Like

That’s what I thought … :stuck_out_tongue: … Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same problem with other mounts. Designed my own mounts that will arrive soon from china :smiley:

5 Likes

Will they be available for sale?

I ordered a small batch and if they hold up well I will sell the ones I do not use myself.

On the topic of bringing up other mounts…

Mine will not have that ground clearance issue either. Just thought I would casually throw this in the mix :slight_smile: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/boardnamics-idler-motor-mounts-for-sale/46255

3 Likes

You could try relocating the rear truck further back on the deck so that the motors are not under the deck.

1 Like

@Erod - We have a reverse mount if you want to mount in reverse. Out of stock now but should have some in on Monday/Tuesday. Reverse mount will also clear the baseplate.

2 Likes

Move the trucks back and not do reverse mount?.. hmm… might be crazy enough to work.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve already spend way more $$ on parts than I was expecting… Would rather buy a used deck that fits better.

Do you have an SLDPRT or F3D file of those kegels by any chance?

Actually, I meant to move the truck back and keep it reverse mounted.

Please keep us posted, I’m in for a set!

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought you meant at first… but the motor wouldn’t fit that high anyways, the trucks are in the way…

BUT I still moved the trucks back 3/4 inch to the rear and I think that’s going to work non-reverse… Just need a slightly higher riser… so thanks for the idea!

1 Like

On an electric skateboard? No way

9 Likes

giphy (1)

2 Likes

I feel your pain. My budget at last summer was 600e. I exceeded it only about 800e​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Its just a cylinder with a picture mapped on top :slight_smile:

Sure! I will make a thread about them after testing :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, but the angle of attack I used is somewhere in between the first and second picture. I found the perfect height, i just had to move the motor head around and find the sweet spot. It took me around 3 hours to get it all perfect.