Real hills and rough roads

Sorry, if I have not followed every post you make - though - @longhairedboy for about how long have you been doing all sorts of carpentry things?

Also - have you worked full time as a carpenter or it has been just a side hobby / interest all along?

oh man. as long as i can remember. Iā€™ve built beds, shelves, entertainment centers, arcade cabinets, fences, i reframed my attic so i could deck it out and use it for storage, i made a stereo system out of mannequins once.

I built everything in my shop, even the deck press in which i press my own decks.

Itā€™s probably the only thing iā€™ve done more than build and maintain my own computers, which isnā€™t something i get to do a lot of anymore due to my obsession with electric skateboards.

Oh I see now :slight_smile: Thatā€™'s why all of this carpentry / wood stuff seems like an easy game to you ha

Totally can be seen that youre not a beginner who just read an instrucables tutorial not a long ago :smiley:

yeah. my last name is Wood, so i guess its in the lineage somewhere. I just like the smell of sawdust and the sound of power tools. If there was a way to build an esk8ā€¦ while riding an esk8ā€¦ i would probably do it.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy hah you should expand your ā€˜ā€˜inventoryā€™ā€™ of board designs even more then!

Something like this would be something new (unseen):

I believe with your skill and imagination, you could come up with something more bizzare / unique! :slight_smile:

Ive seen some cool cofeetable designs made this way

Though dont know how this might look in real lifeā€¦ and probably this layer should be layed upon something more uniform I believeā€¦

ā€“

Besidesā€¦ ending the side-topic hereā€¦ :smiley: sorry for side-tracking the previous discussion!

@longhairedboy When you say ā€˜reinforced cutting wheelsā€™, do you mean fibreglass reinforced? The ones I got (ozito) australian brand, break very easily.

1 Like

Is there a start up kit that has a bunch of useful bits? Iā€™m not sure which ones to get.

these guys: https://www.mscdirect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/browse/tnpla/09023847?cid=ppc-google-New+-+Abrasives+-+PLA_shMDUG1FC___164110813428_c_S&mkwid=shMDUG1FC|dc&pcrid=164110813428&rd=k&product_id=9023847&gclid=CLX2o7KrgdICFRUGhgod--wD3Q

you can get them just about nywhere that sells dremels such as walmart or lowes or home depot, etc.

Ah yep. Thanks @longhairedboy

Pretty sure those have fibreglass in them to reinforce, Iā€™ll get some soon

1 Like

@smurf - when are we getting your electronics mounted and your board rideable?

Soon! I caved on the waiting for vesc6 and ordered a pair of vescā€™s from ollins. That and I think I have all the parts to do the gt2b mod which the remote is something I definitely want a second person to double check my work. I donā€™t even have a servo to test if its working.

1 Like

Very cool. We can easily knock out the GT2b mod in a few hours if we go slow. Iā€™ve done 3 or 4 now i think. Pretty straight forward, with a few tougher parts (the usb charge port is a PITA and takes the longest of all the steps).

If you have your VESCā€™s from Chaka - do you have motors and batteries yet? This equals a running board! Crappy weather right now, but let me know via PM and weā€™ll coordinate to meetup again and get you sorted!

1 Like

New to Seattle. Killed my brand new Scram yesterday at Discovery Park. Wondering if youā€™d offer advice.

Did you build it? Probably best to edit your post and take number off! sleepy will find you when he gets on the net.

AGREED! I wouldnā€™t post your #. Shoot me a PM and iā€™ll give you a ring to chat. See whatā€™s up and any suggestions.

relaxing playing some titanfall 2. give you a shout in a bit.

Color test on maple scraps

Thanks. Nope, paid a pretty penny for the Scram boys to build. Like I said elsewhere, the failure was totally my oversight. Should have checked my wires.

Iā€™m gonna get some work done on the build today but first Iā€™m gonna hit the pool.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes