Raptor riding experience. The good

Just leave it there.

I tried two other brands of eboards from China . Sometimes they loose connection to the board in some areas. Does this happen to the raptor also?

Non that I have experienced . Do you know what range its using . Steeve uses 2.4mhz. Oh can we keep this on thread. Guys.

No sorry I have no idea.

The pros of this board. Its fast 45km/hr, has great range on a single charge 30km, fast charging to full battery in about 1hr 30mins, you can swap out battery to extend range, reasonably light and manageable to lug around with its carry handle 7kg great look with carbon fibre deck and kick tails, and fully enclosed electronics,

Best of all you can BOMB up hills.

5 Likes

Nice! You know itā€™s moving when it looks quick in a vid.

Are you able to charge in 1.5hrs because you purchased the additional fast charger?

Pretty sure the stock specs say 3-4hrs to charge.

Yep its good. Worth it. But really 25-30km is enough b to get you anywhere and then charge at work or home over night. Ready for next ride

Anybody know if the most current shipment of Raptors has the updated software?

i.e. no previously detected bugs and they should operate smoothly without modifying the VESC settings

@Alexander had to replace remote as not reliable, changed wheels to softer duro, and I think the vesc needed new firmwire, but he would need to confirm exact set up issues. Hes was in batch 4.0

Yeah thatā€™s all correct Brother.The specifics of my set-up issues can all be referenced in my thread titled ā€œRaptor Diaryā€.

@bucksd How much fun huh? :slight_smile: No one expects that power lol

SO MUCH FUN!! I feel like I have a super power now or some enormous secret that nobody else knowsā€¦

1 Like

Haaha I can totally relate dude!!! Frequently I feel like the value of this thing is ā€œworthā€ FAR more than what I paid, and thatā€™s something I NEVER feel about any product I buy. This really is a first for me. Freaking LOVE the Raptor!! Going out for group ride today, shame youā€™re not in UKā€¦

1 Like

Do you like the shape of the board? Is it hard to turn?

At first I didnā€™t like the shape of the board - from when I ordered it to when it arrived. Thereā€™s a reason there are so many shapes of boards, everyone has their own preference.

To me, the board is excessively long and wide, and the kick tail is longer than need be.

That said, now that Iā€™ve actually been able to put some time on the board, I get why it was made so big. You really have to have a wide stance in order to handle the acceleration. The kick tail is a great place to brace your foot when accelerating, too. Iā€™m 5ā€™11" and a size 10.5 (43 euro) shoe. Iā€™m able to fit my feet on the ā€˜flatā€™ part of the board when I have an angled stance. At high speeds, I find myself with a really angled stance and my back foot almost all the way back on the tail. At first, I wanted the tail to be wider where my foot was so I could get more turning input with my back foot. With more experience, I realize having the board be narrow at the back reduces steering input, which is a positive thing at speed because it reduces speed wobbles.

At my height, the tail is still a bit too long and far back - a slightly shorter overall board and a shorter kick tail would suite me better.

The edges of the board angle upward. This really helps you carve harder, I like it a lot. I wasnā€™t sure how Iā€™d feel about. My initial concern was it would hurt my feet. It does make the board less ā€˜cruisyā€™ - itā€™s not a flat long board that you can kinda walk around on. I find that I get my stance set and then I maintain the same stance until I come to a stop. On my other long boards, I usually move around a lot while riding which this also prevents my feet from hurting. You donā€™t wanna be moving around on this thing at speeds! At least I donā€™t with my mininal experience on it so far.

Board feels super smooth! I love how it turns. Iā€™m guessing the wheels that were shipped with mine (late September, the clear blue ones) are softer than previous batches because they donā€™t feel excessively hard. That said, I would still dig even softer wheels. Iā€™m guessing the two sets of risers aid with its smoothness. I want to lower the board with different risers; Iā€™m sure this will make it harder.

The shape of the Raptor reminds me of the skateboard Bart Simpson rode back in the day.

The more I ride the Raptor, the more everything about it makes sense.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to decide either on a boosted board or a raptor. Have you had any issues with the raptor?

I canā€™t speak on reliability or customer service. Iā€™ve only had my board a couple days.

We all faced the same dilemma: Boosted or Raptor.

I went with the Raptor because it has better range, top speed, and acceleration than the Boosted Dual+ V2 and itā€™s a couple hundred bucks cheaper using the code ā€œPUSHINGSUCKSā€ or whatever it was for 10% off. I also figured if I didnā€™t love the Raptor, I could sell it to someone else in the states for what I paid (I think thatā€™s a fair deal since the buyer wouldnā€™t have to wait months).

So far, I LOVE this thing! Once I paint the trucks black, I also think this board looks way cooler than the Boosted. Itā€™s very high-tech/serious looking in its stealth carbon fiber suit.

ALSO, the Raptor is upgradable! When a better battery comes out, weā€™ll get even more range, shorter charging time, better acceleration (canā€™t even imagine that!), higher top speed, and less weight. It would cost more to build a board with the same specs as the Raptor without buying in bulk.

LASTLY, Jason seems very legit about his business. Iā€™ve never heard of a company before where you can message the owner/CEO and get a response - think about that, thatā€™s insane! [that said, I donā€™t like hearing about people emailing and messaging them all the timeā€¦leave 'em alone, let them work] Itā€™s like buying something from a friend; they arenā€™t gonna screw you over. Heā€™s offering a money back guarantee and one of the best warranties in the industry. He knows that in order for his business to succeed, customer support is the most important factor. So, I believe theyā€™ll go out of their way to make sure every Raptor owner is satisfied and taken care of if thereā€™s ever an issue.

Theyā€™re only in their 3rd or 4th batch and theyā€™ve already addressed every issue that anybodyā€™s ever had with the board. Really looking forward to getting the new remote - VERY cool that they shipped a second remote with the board to allow me to ride it right away!! Boosted is shipping standard batteries with their boards if you buy the extended range - thatā€™s also super cool.

Kinda cool how the Boosted tracks your mileageā€¦good if youā€™re buying used, not so good if youā€™re the seller.

Assuming this beast holds up (which I think it will), I would buy it again over the Boosted any day.

2 Likes

Thanks again! You persuaded me to get the raptor!

2 Likes

I thought you had gotten the raptor a while back? The raptor is not comparable to boosted. THey are two totally different boards. Iā€™ve had both as Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen in my reviews of the raptor. If you value performance, no question raptor is the way to go.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a raptor yet, I have been researching for months. Yes indeed, the raptor has the best performance.