Raptor riding experience. The good

Hearing things like this are what reassure me my money was well spent :slight_smile:

Like I said, once people both see in person / on video how much the board slays all (popular) production boards out, he will have orders out the ass (for those wanting better performance).

Guys a little bit off the topic question. New Raptor lid has 6 screws right ? I mean less then then the first batch ?

It is well spent…weather u get pre built vs DIY from Jason… Ur in good hands…even if he throws in the towel tomorrow…you will get years from the board … And if something breaks…fix it…you don’t need them as long as you don’t f up the motor mount …

Hey guys. I want to quickly throw something in: Maybe it is not always about being or having something better than another person. Let those with BB or whatever enjoy themselves. They live of the brand, not the power or anything else on their board. In the end everyone should enjoy themselves… Though I understand the criticism/funny feedback to the power, range and so on of a finished BB board out of the shelf.

PS: ordered a dual Raptor myself, so Ill be shitting my pants sometime soon.

1 Like

if you’re referring to the raptor… you can actually just gently pull the phase leads back through the hole after disconnecting them from the vesc on the inside without melting the glue. You just have to use a slow, even pressure and not yank them. They’ll pull through the glue and come out, and with some work they’ll go back in as well. I’ve never had to use a heat gun to replace either the vesc or the motors, and i’m glad because i’d rather not heat up the resin on that carbon fiber too much. But i have added more black hot glue after the fact, so maybe you’ll need it to replace the motor on one i’ve fixed if you ever come across one. Despite enjoying the business of fixing these under warrenty claims, i’d rather people were riding them. Every minute they’re on my bench is a minute somebody isn’t feeling the wind in their hair on some paved trail somewhere.

1 Like

This is from another thread:

This is very true, Djupex. It’s just my nature. I like having nice things nobody else has and feeling like I have the latest and best tech in my possession. Some people like expensive clothes, others like expensive cars, I like my expensive gadgets :slight_smile:

I do hope everyone is happy with what they have, I just want to make sure everyone gets what they are looking for (which seems to be range, and for some speed (for guys in my age range – early 20’s)).

2 Likes

Me 100%. Loving the speed and need more and more. The same with my car & bike! Awesome attitude

Where are the moderators. Give us more Raptor experiences Raptor 1.0 owners. Theres pent up info ppl want to hear.

Let Boosted owners love their boards. If it had more power and range Id get one, but its not all about that. I can say the ride experience is excellent smooth and responsive and safe. Raptor is something else again. It has its own character and thus riding experience

Absolutely! Been meaning to make a video anyway. I live right next to a 19% grade hill…I think people (non raptor owners) will be shocked how fast the dual can fly up that thing.

2 Likes

Channel name please?!? :smiley:

I’m very interested in seeing this. Let me know when you have it up!

I could make a comperison, but I guess I wait till I have the carbon gt next month. I am still waiting for the inboard, but I will probably wait forever. I already think about cancelling the order…

3 Likes

Make your video with the baords you have. We already know the Raptor dual will eat the Boosted Dual +. At the end of the day which is what Ive been saying is they each have their unique likes. And the dislikes are just the minor design or spec setup etc for each of the boards. The consumer comsumer is the winner here.

Do a GT one as a separate vid with comments back about the one on these. At end of day we just want content what ever it is.

1 Like

The simplest most powerful video you could make to drive it home for non-DIY aware folks is to make similar video like Jason did for the raptor mono vs d+ and do it with the raptor dual…WE know it is absolutely pointless but others who have never even looked into DIY will become aware and (those that like performance) will want to join the movement. The new d+ will be pretty similar in performance so you don’t even need it since you have the old and specs for the new.

Just my two cents. As far as comparison videos, I don’t think you need to include the old carbon in any unless you’re comparing the new and old model alone. I’d value a GT vs Raptor Dual comparison though. Definitely make something, even if its none of the above…except for the Raptor c:

Hmm, the raptor has a shorter wheelbase than both those boards. For a board that goes so fast, that’s kind of scary. Bigger wheel base = more stability at higher speeds!

Actually it doesn’t, it’s the same caliber truck as the Boosted but rebranded lol. I put on Carver CX trucks which are meant for skateboards (very narrow) and I was fine, the sidewinders are technically the most unstable out of the bunch from what I’ve heard from QuadTheory. I think it appears that way because the Raptor deck is wider at the nose.

Of course, if you play with bushings no truck is abysmal when it comes to stability, carving is a whole other issue.

Its stable at speed. The truck shouldnt be left loose as youll get speed wobble. The kicktail reduces the possibility of a longer wheelbase, but that is the compromise isnt it. If the board gets so long you cant get the dam thing through doors.:grinning:. I thought the evolve carbon was too long, but you probbaly do get that stability by longer wheelbase. It sits lower. Was thinking of removing 1 of the risers on Raptor which Tarzan has done to lower ride height.

I think. @Photorph was saying more that the distance from where the front to rear wheels sit. In any event the stability is in tight trucks and probably a lower centre of gravity.