RAPTOR 2 - THE 100KM REVIEW - Part 1

If people are trying to help why not list specific instructions on how to solve the problem? Instead of insults!

Saying “Bad engineering” is not helpful? It’s trolling. My trolling policy is to fire back and be equally insulting.

Furthermore, Saying there are plenty of ways to resolve the problem, without listing them is idiotic, it is not helpful.

A true professional would provide a detailed response on how a problem can be solved. They might also choose to structure their critical thoughts in the form of a question.

Example:

"Hi Jason, love the raptor 2, wish the handle was balanced, wondering why you didn’t:

1. Make the handle longer.
  2. Reposition the handle (not an option)
  3. Make lighter motors (not an option)
  4. Remove the kick tail (not an option)
  5. Make the nose heavier.
  6. Use heavier battery.

this is called constructive criticism / feedback that deserves a proper response.

Thanks for the uneducated nonsense feedback, You have never held the board have you, what exactly prevents the handles from being used…

I like where the handles are, they are 1000% better than every board without handles, they are there for many reasons which I have clearly explained.

@sirdiff I’ll give respect when it’s deserved but you and your freind simply don’t deserve it. You and your trolling freind can go and find some one else to “help”

P.s. if you ever need professional enginnering help on a project let me know I’ll gladly help and I won’t insult you during the process either.

5 Likes

Calling yourself a professional engineer because you made a skateboard and have no formal qualifications is trolling at its finest.

4 Likes

This is where you’re mistaken. You’re not a single scrub on a diy forum, you’re Enertion’s face. And I can ensure you that Evolve’s face and Boosted’s face would NOT act like this. Just say “we don’t agree” and stop it there. Nobody cares about small discussions like this, but if you want to play with the big guys you have to act like them, and not waste your time looking at diyers’ old builds just to troll. At least not with your main public account.

You’re on a DIY forum, he’s not a true professional, and i’m not one either. We’re just pointing out what people believe to be flaws (I did not try it, I read a couple of reviews. I didn’t come here insulting in the first place). His option was “reposition the handle”, which was in your list too. Making the battery or the board heavier would be nonsense, that’s already heavy enough. I appreciate the handles, i think it’s a great addition. But they’re not perfect, and they should be. It’s not rocket engineering, it’s handles, and normal boards should work even without their support. Make them longer, if you think it’s possible. I don’t have measurements, qualifications nor time to help you, but i’m sure your team can do just a bit better, that’s all.

And no, he’s not my friend. We haven’t even ever talked to each other. I just see a great potential in the raptor 2 and think it should be as good as it can get. And i wish Enertion the best to compete in this market that is getting flooded with chinese garbage or overpriced hipster stuff. I’m not very good at engineering, but if you need help for public relations, just let me know. I’ll gladly help you :wink:

6 Likes

never said i was a professional engineer, believe it or not, i have a team of enginners and we are keen to help people with legitimate esk8 design problems.

4 Likes

I’m myself an engineer and this kind of conversation is so boring, I’m sure Jason and the team look a millions ways to put the handles before to put as it is right know, I’m sure they had a lot of better solutions, but they need to choose the one don’t add much weight to the board, don’t add much cost to the customers, dont add much complexity to the supplier, because they needed to bring this project to life and not make an utopic board that never see the light.

If the handles adds stiff and longevity to the board and they are cheap to produce, who cares if the balance is a little to the ass?

There are not perfect proyects but you always do as perfect as you can, no one can says Jason had no passion at work, you only attack him because, he is a winner and he is proud of it, he is often right and he is proud of it, he has more money than you, your are fanboys of belt drive system, you are fanboys of carvon or other brands, you are children’s, you are trolls, yo want your board before your birthday, he speeds up one video, you don’t like his answers, etc, etc, etc.

grow up and stop trolling!

Jason thanks about being a CEO talking to the people and not hiding, please dont change because of loosers and trolls, I’m saying this because this must be the reason behind CEOs never talk to customers.

9 Likes

tfw jason shows up to a thread that has any criticism of an enertion product

10 Likes

You are so wrong…you are a slave, you have been institutionalised & brainwashed by an Orwellian government propaganda machine. Following is not a viable strategy. Wake UP!

Want my advice? Everyone should be true to themselves, say what they believe, back it up with facts & try to be nice to others.

I don’t highly value those opinions from people who have minimal experience in a particular field, who focus their negative energy and publicly insult & belittle people about what they have perceived to be engineering flaws. Especially when they have no understanding or first-hand experience with the product design or development & when they offer no new ideas to help improve the problem.

If you want to have an engineering debate, be intelligent, bring some evidence and clearly define your arguments.

There is no need for the insults.

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/615/614687/freedom-of-speech-quote-13-picture-quote-1.jpg

6 Likes

i don’t get why you had to call him a 3yo to make your point. kind of a dick move.

1 Like

someone who has actually designed a product right here.

Wow. You do miss a engineer to make those handles functional but most of all you should look for a public relations manager.

Im still holding off on making an order on the raptor since the season is over here anyways and I want to see how the board survives the first customers testing it. It looks good by now but the “I’m all knowing superior to you” attitude of the management is frightening. Wonder what happens if a receive a board with problems or get problems with it and enertion just claims it’s my error since they never make any mistakes.

4 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait to see the response when people have issues with the Raptor 2…I wonder if it will be “you idiots are obviously using it wrong because you don’t even know how to correctly skate.”

2 Likes

i got to ride the R2 and can offer some feedback. I use my board every day to do almost everything. Going to the laundromat, getting some groceries, getting to/from work, going to friends houses, going out for coffee or a beer…doing this with the R2 would blow. Its like a pickup truck. Tons of fun, super cool, but a painus in the anus as a practical means of transportation. it was heavy and cumbersome, off balance, and the owner was experiencing issues inside both hubs as well as will the urethane breaking apart. Its not that you wont see this issues on a diy board with similar parts, you just wont be paying a premium for the issues.

I watched R2 Videos and really can feel efforts into making and designing. I want to buy one even if handle is not there at all. I don’t give a ef about handle seriously.

but I don’t understand the Jason’s take on “Bad Design” as an insult. Cuz it is not. It is true that the board is not balanced when you hold by the handle. it’s a valid point. Rather than calling those people “Slave”, why don’t you man up? you could’ve stoped at “it’s part of structural support” It really sounds like in denial afterwords.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’m sorry though I do disagree with you.

So we are clear, the issue being debated is actually the handle position, not the handle design itself. The handles are comfortable and large enough that your fingers can pass through the open area & grasp the handle bar with ease. It’s unlikely any engineer could improve the function of a simple “handle”

So what can the engineer do?

1. reduce the motor weight - less performance
  2. increase the battery weight - already heavy
  3. put motors closer to center - requires smaller battery
  4. put battery further from center - increases wheel base and makes deck more flexy
  5. remove the kick tail - easy solution but not going to happen
  6. make the front wheels heavier - no advantage & increases overall weight
  7. Make the handle much longer - adds to the cost & weight, looks a bit strange
  8. Move the handles further to the back? - solves balance problem, but creates a weak point.

So what option to choose? #7 is the simplest of these ideas but is also creating a weakness. So I don’t think an engineer can magically solve these design constraint problems.

However I am still open to suggestions, In fact, I’ll pay $1000 cash to the person who can come up with an acceptable solution that doesn’t compromise the integrity of the battery and electronics components. Remember! Saftey first.

Overall, the handles function very well for their intended purpose, believe it or not, it’s the 3rd revision of the original design.

Sorry didn’t mean to scare you! :wink:

Please take a moment & think about this, you will struggle to find another CEO openly discussing & sharing the design & product development process with the people who helped fund it.

Whether you believe it or not, I actually took in lots of feedback from various forum members about how to make the Raptor 2 better. One of the earliest criticisms about the handle was how they were attached protruding above the deck, I took the feedback on board and changed the design to recess the handle below the top of the deck so it wouldn’t interfere with foot position.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/0/d/0d1cb6b2f6c6a44f192ce41580fdef90d400b3a7_1_533x500.jpg

So please try to understand that I am not here saying I know better than everyone, I am simply saying that people shouldn’t comment in such negative ways unless they understand the entire story or are willing to participate in some type of civil discussion to debate the problem.

Regarding your concerns about what happens if you have a problem, you can rest assured, Raptor 2 comes standard with 12 months parts replacement warranty that covers all manufacturing faults. You can also extend that to 2 years. We also have 24/7 chat support on our website.

3 Likes

I don’t need to list ways to solve the problem - that is your job. I made you aware of an issue with your product last year already and back then all you said was that it works great. Now we see it does not. A handle’s whole purpose is to offer a comfortable way to carry something - a handle that is not balanced is unfit for the job and that makes it bad engineering - this is not an insult but an objective observation so don’t take this personal and maybe forward it to the engineer responsible for the decision so that raptor 3 does not have that issue anymore. I also told you to check out whiteponys builds (which I know you already know of) to solve the structural integrity part. Thicker wood, a carbon or a glass fibre layer could have solved any issues your deck had in terms of carrying weight.

The one trolling were you when you brought up my first build - and I am not even sure why you did that and what it was supposed to say about me. Actually I feel kind of proud that the guy who started this forum found the time to check out my profile in such detail that he looked through my topics and checked my build out. It’s a cool build for the money I spent on it right?

2 Likes

The response is really simple

Is the problem related to a manufacturing fault? YES or NO?

YES

Is the board 12 months old or less? YES or NO?

YES

Parts replaced.

Just in case you are all wondering, I am not responsible for approving/processing warranty claims, I have a solid customer service team dedicated to this process now, so my “vulgar-unprofessional-abrasive-arrogant” public attitude won’t impact our amazing warranty & customer service

7 Likes

LOL, you are really serious about handle engineering bro!

I think you should contact the guitar case making society and inform them of your breakthrough research in handle engineering :slight_smile:

clearly these rouge guitar handle engineers are fucking shit up… don’t they care about Justin Beiber’s skinny little wrists?

Hey bro, seriously, if it makes you feel better inside… let me say it YOUR ARE SOOOO RIGHT

the handles are not perfectly balanced!

let me say it again

the handles are not perfectly balanced!

But seriously, you need to get out and get some fresh air man.

6 Likes

Damnit peeps, chill. It’s a fucking handle.

4 Likes

I can’t handle this

40 Likes

Now time for some real news.

Overall, I’m happy with the handle, it makes carrying your raptor 2 super easy.

Add on some beefy cross-over wheels & some shred lights up front and i’d say you’re plumb

11 Likes