RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Jason. How do we know if we are in the first batch or not? I purchased within the first 10minutes of the raptor sale back in November, but unsure which batch i made it into. Order #8178. thanks

You are probably level #1 or #2, these orders will be processed in the ramp-up batch.

Level 3 & Kickstarter, technically this will be our first batch

Level 4, will be second batch

http://www.enertionboards.com/product_images/uploaded_images/pricing-schedule-2.jpg

Im level 4, include me in batch 1 please

I donā€™t get how this will work out.

So what if 90% thinks the upgrade is awesome and donā€™t mind paying the extra 55-70.

You canā€™t MAKE the last 10% pay anythingā€¦ And they should still receive their boards with the original specs.

Does this mean 2 versions of the enertion board will make it to the market if enough people are interested in the upgraded battery?

well with the prices at nkon I get a difference of roughly a dollar per cell. That does not change much at bulk with the trendline - it even increases slightly

Yea I see this problem to. Jason said heā€™s not gonna produce 2 batteries so if a few people donā€™t want to pay you canā€™t make them and you canā€™t give them the upgraded battery for free if everyone else pays. This would piss a lot of people off.

It seems that there is significant reduction of charging time for 30Q (Second column). Nice :smiley:

what? how? You have a 4A fast charger - to charge 2.5Ah it needs less time than to charge 3Ah I donā€™t get your logic.

I do wonder what the range will be! :slight_smile:

Also, as an alternative, perhaps instead of upping the WH make them stay the same but get a lighter board in return?

canā€™t work - would mean less cells in parallel and thus less current output (or higher voltage sag)

20% more than what it was before.

@onloop, I emailed you (support@enertionā€¦) from my order confirmation to let you know Iā€™m IN for the upgrade. I also voted yes above.

Great. We will gather more feedback from everyone over the next few days. Next week if it looks like we have the numbers we will release the battery upgrade product on our website and provide a link so you can make payment.

1 Like

i think enertion want be the best with the new raptor 2, and for the best you need the best battery. With the Samsung Q30 the raptor 2 is for me the best board on the market, better then evolve carbon gt. I hope all people understand that 55$ is nothing for 20% more range. All people now saved a lot with the nice level Prices from enertion.

4 Likes

Have you ridden an evolve GT?

You do realize that you just told me that:

1. I will be waiting longer, and even though theres only 1hour diff in between when I ordered, and the last tier ended, I will wait atleast 1 extra month.
  2. You want me to pay even more before I get my board.

If it comes down to me paying $70 more, Iā€™m just going to say screw it and want my money back. While its entering winter for you, its missing prime riding time for meā€¦ I could take my money back and spend it on other things this summer.

1 Like

I ordered 4 months ago and you expect to get your board in the same order as mine? What do you expect the cutoff to be? Eventually parts have to be ordered for manufacturing. Go ahead and cancel your order. Weā€™ll be happy to put in a little extra for 20% range.
Iā€™m looking forward to this sleek fast board.
Got a delay? No problem. Just keep me informed and Iā€™ll keep riding my own diy in the meantime.

1 Like

I also ordered 4 months ago. I expect the cutoff to happen so that if you were promised by X dateā€¦ it happens then. When that can no longer be met, that should be changed on the sale site.

its not complicated, its exactly the same as any other online sale. Whats complicating it is constant updates and redesign. I dont care if it has a larger battery, its not really a better battery when you look at other factors, but whatever. timing is becoming is more important than more features.

Ok. Apologies in order. I see your side now. I thought you missed the Kickstarter date. Iā€™m actually in the same boat then, just a different outlook.
I ordered Raptor2 before finishing my diy. Although finished and fun, Iā€™m looking for a polished, sleek ride with the Raptor2 - so time isnā€™t as important.

1 Like

another note. realistically speaking one or two people will not want to spend the extra 50 - 70 USD. Assuming they spent $1200 dollars, thats 17-24 upgrades per canceled order.

in otherwords, if youā€™re going to do it, its freeā€¦ otherwise you cant afford to do it. screwing with it further messes up everyone down the line. all those group buys. all the people who paid already. everyone who doesnt have only this as their hobby, and doesnt want the hassle.

edit: This is part of building a business case for large decisions like this. If you cant justify eating the cost at this point for the board, you cant build a case for having it and should be looking at other options (like 2 batteries, for example)

2 Likes