RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Maybe, but I think that the issue is the money and coming up with it. $400k US is a shit ton of cash to come up with. I think if he sells 400 + he will get 500 in the first batch. That should satisfy the pre-orders plus a few.

I could be totally wrong, but I don’t think quality is going to be an issue. He will have test boards before he makes the actual first batch order.

Definitely. Yeah 400k $ is a ton of cash to have at hand :stuck_out_tongue:

No matter the quantity, I’ll be onsite to personally supervise the assembly of the first batch.

8 Likes

@onloop who and when can I pass the addresses for the two group buys i did?

No real rush, at least not for 60 days or so, maybe create a google sheet and send me a PM with the link.

Okie dokie then that works one is to Canada for @HI-DEF-DEPOT let me know what the shipping cost to him is

Won’t know shipping cost until I have final weight and dimensions etc.

Roger that

With the R1 release there was some content and setup issues. Have you sorted out QA for R2 release to prevent similar issues as this time around you have more going out and at the sametime. If you are doing checks on assembly yourself thats going to take time.

Hi, I’m almost ready to pre order a Raptor 2. What’s still bugging me is that I only saw the new raptor riding straight. It seems like its really build for high speeds and going straight.

Now what I would enjoy would be some nice carving and it seems like a board with some flex that is not focused on top speed would get this point better. Is this justified?

I guess to get a different board feel I could put the raptor drive train on a drop down deck, use different bushings and use wedges to get a smaller truck angle. Right? I am not experienced with e boards and and not an expert on longboards either, just know what i like to do when I stand on one.

Can you guys help me on my desision?

Cheers

We definitely setup the raptor electronics so it can go fast… however, the trucks actually come with a fairly soft bushing setup that is probably good for 80kg riders & the wheelbase is actually fairly short when compared to a normal longboard. The short wheelbase makes the raptor ride feel very responsive & agile.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/images/stencil/original/products/183/1202/RAPTOR-2-out-line-drawing__34141.1488933402.png?c=2

So out of the box i think you will feel like you can carve… If you plan to ride full speed i’d suggest you actually need to tune the bushing for your body weight.

If you decide you dont like the raptor deck you can swap the deck to something different to get your perfect setup.

Could I use wedges to change the truck angle on the raptor? I think the risers under the raptor can not be removed right?

Whats the chance I would still be in the first batch if I order now?

Oh and you probably wouldnt be able to ship the board in a way that I get around the german VAT, would you? :wink: I never understood VAT anyways… Wouldn’t you be able to get the australian VAT refunded if you ship abroad? It just doesnt make sense to charge it twice.

Thanks for your help Fabian

The board will be shipping from an EU country warehouse for EU customers. Jason mentioned this before on one of his vids for exactly this reason; to avoid the VAT. The first batch is 500 units I believe and there hasn’t been that many orders yet so you should be fine. He also mentioned optional trucks that should come some time this year that will have adjustable angle. Sadly the Kickstarter goal was not reached for this to be included in the first batch and will only be available later on as a separate purchase. I’ll leave it to Jason to confirm this though just giving you the heads up.

Jason after watching your Facebook live video I can tell you are still skeptical about an all terrain setup. I do get your point about the board not being designed for off-road use and needing to be strapped onto the board for better control and such; however, most of us who request an all terrain setup actually want one for a different reason.

By me for example I also intend on using it on old country roads that may have occasional cracks or debris on them, such as small rocks. This is where all terrain tires would shine and prevent the risk of a wipe out and tire bite. Here in Germany the law is still in the grey area for e-boards. If I were to use it in a proper urban city area it will attract too much attention and I will most likely end up with fines from the police once they realize the speed I’m traveling at. Other reason is there is simply less oncoming traffic on these roads and they serve mainly as bicycle routes. Only down side of these roads is that they are maintained maybe once a year and winter takes its toll on them. Also the bike paths along the main roads here mainly consist of gravel on which I wouldn’t even use all terrain tires on, just too much drain on batteries in that case. Going up pavements will also be made easier by such a setup, sure I could ollie up one but why risk injury to a pedestrian or myself.

2 Likes

ordered one… :slight_smile: prices are still alright with the coupon codes. And in fact the australian vat wasn’t charged. Nice!

The country roads that I know have occasional patches of asphalt :wink: But you are right, that’s probably where its safest to use regarding the police. The german police is also one reason I desiced for hub motors. I hope this board will not attract too much attention.

Where do you live in germany? I’m from Rostock.

South of Germany. Drei Länder Eck won’t go into detail hehe. Btw VAT gets charged by customs on delivery by the postman, but since it’s being shipped from within a EU warehouse we’re safe. And sure with hub motors the board looks like a regular skateboard, but full speed you will still stick out and although the motors are quiet they can still be heard pretty well. Town areas are fine since there basically aren’t any coppers around. Cities on the other hand stick to low speeds or you’ll stick out like thorn since it is a fast board it will be obvious for them you are not moving it with your own two feet. Also German cops are not as bad most are still uninformed about the law and as long as you are using it responsibly and and stick at 6km/h on sidewalks you shouldn’t have a problem. But there is always the off chance one of them is having a bad day and is informed. Switzerland on the other hand be warned they will hit you with fines every chance they can get.

It must now been a week past the mass order cut off. Are you still on schedule for May delivery start.

GOING LIVE IN 20 MINS

click here: https://www.facebook.com/enertion.boards/

Update from the stream (watched the first half):

1. Showing off the latest iteration for the precision trucks and some waterproofing materials
  2. Timeline update: He’s doing smaller batches. So not all boards will ship in May: a. Ramp up batch: First 30 boards / people who bought their raptor in price tier 1 and 2 (Expected mid/end May) b. Batch 1: All boards up to the end of the Kickstarter campaign (Will ship in June) c. Batch 2: All boards ordered after the Kickstarter campaign (Shipping end of June)
  3. He shows of some of the deck designs, The original, the flatter version, and then one with microdrops.
  4. Some more ordering and production updates.

@onloop You said you might ship the first ramp up batch to customers directly. That might give some customs issues for us Europeans. What’s the plan there? (As one of the first people having ordered at the 899$ price, it’d really suck to have to pay the import duties and someone who ordered at the 1099$ price wouldn’t, so they’d probably get it cheaper)

1 Like

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the Q/A & update. Just finished checking things out.

Do you have any updates on the Vulture deck? Will the form & micro drop updates to the most recent Raptor deck also be in the Vulture?

Thanks