RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with manufacturing in China as long as you pay for good QC. There is a lot of innovation coming out of Shenzhen. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I live near the hill in the video, and ride it every weekend (road bicycle, not board). The video doesn’t come close to showing the gradient. I have an EGT and I think the footage is impressive.

My gut feel is Enertion has stepped up a level and this will be an interesting release.

This tech space is rapidly evolving.

I think everyone will agree; building an electric skateboard business is tough work. We probably shouldn’t be so critical of a bunch of likeminded people all trying to climb the same mountain. Mutual respect is probably more in order.

4 Likes

You know someone has a solid argument when they end with “look at trump…” :wink:

2 Likes

My thoughts on the thin looking wheels is simple… while it looks thin because of the aspect ratio… its still much thicker than what you wear down to on smaller “normal size” wheels… you have to remember these are massive 90mm wheels… not 50 or even 70mm wheels.

Man, your taking everything I say out of context. There is nothing wrong with china if you go to the right people, which is probably well over 50% of manufacturers there. I mentioned in one of my posts about how long it takes to get stuff from china as one of the reasons I don’t have a 2nd gen prototype working right now. Everyone gets some amounts of parts from china. It was a response to him saying I don’t make anything myself. You can’t call someone out for having some parts made in china and making some parts in house while you make the entire thing in china. That was my whole point there.

Jason is a business man, plan and simple. I don’t blame him for moving to 100% assembly in china, the guy is trying to move up the ladder and compete with companies like evolve. I said time and time again, we’re in different leagues. He has sold a complete and parts before, I haven’t sold anything other than my vesc telemetry system. He’s also looking at a cheaper market, while I’m more interested in the higher end of the market.

I also said multiple times that his raptor 2 will be far better than the main stream competition, like evolve and boosted.

I’m also not bitching, if you think that, then you need to go back to the beginning of this thread, and then the fork onloop made of this thread were I tried to give him advice about flaws I saw (one of which was the kv that he’s now changing). Seeing our conversation/argument at this point is seeing the whole thing out of context.

If someone is going to fire claims and take shots at me, I’m going to stand my ground and defend myself. I get that it’s not always the smartest business move, but Jason understands the feeling because he’s the same way.

At the end of the day, if someone makes claims that appear over the top, I will call them out for it. It’s people who sit down and say nothing that helped get that idiot Trump elected. You have to have debates at times so that both people in the end come out seeing a different point of view, whether you agree with it or not.

My boards will likely retail in the $2500 - $3000 range. Like I said, they won’t be consumer boards. They aren’t meant for the average person. It’s not that I can’t create a powerful board for under $1000. I want to go the extra yard and create a board with unique features and more power than most know what to do with, and use the highest quality parts.

My arguments with him have nothing to do with my business interests anyways. As you can see, we have different target customer bases. I have been a DIY builder for almost 2 years now, and me calling bs when I see it is because I’m a builder seeing extra ordinary claims being made, not because I want to tear down my competition. Onloop and I go back a long ways. There was a time were he told me hubs were too weak and belt drives were still the future. Obviously, he saw the light and changed. But taking the things said he in the last 20 posts and saying I’m just whining like a little bitch about his board is taking everything out of context. Your not looking at where this all came from.

Trust me, a lot of people on this forum agree with me here about believing the claims being made here are bs, they just don’t want to do it publicly. And responses like yours are why. Someone will always come along and take what you say out of context or spin it in the wrong direction.

I’m done here, because there is no winning when it comes to enertion fan boys. That’s why torqueboards, chaka, Lever, and all the other e-board companies gave up arguing.

3 Likes

ever heard this saying?

“put one’s money where one’s mouth is”

6 Likes

Will I be able to mount the drive trucks on the front of a board? Like front wheel drive?

Yes. I suppose you could. But might need to flip the battery box also.

When you do another hill climb vid, it would be cool to see you ride back down. No one has done that yet.

my downhill skillz are pretty shit… i can go down with the brake on, but boring.

you know, Steve Jobs didn’t actually make or invent anything, but here we are with the ipad, iphone, macbook… and most credit comes to him. Just saying, not backing Jason up or anything. Just wait and see. and @onloop pretty ball move with the 110% refund.

“I don’t play an instrument, I play the orchestra” said by someone I “cannot” recall.

1 Like

Jason mind making another thread specifically for just Raptor 2 updates with user comments disabled? I’ve already invested in a product I believe in and could care less about peoples opinions. It is getting rather annoying scrolling through all the arguments going on in this thread. I’m sure there are others that feel the same.

7 Likes

I didn’t even order the damn thing but I second this request.

3 Likes

I ordered the damn thing and I also second this request.

4 Likes

Thats why you nee a dedicated test driver who provides you with all the foitage, speed and set up you would desire :wink:

there is an update channel, same pictures, same videos :wink: https://www.instagram.com/enertionboards/

and this one https://www.instagram.com/raptor2.enertion/

New website layout live now! check it out

4 Likes

The only thing about the Raptor I’d like to be improved are the rear wheels, such a thin layer of rubber makes me uneasy with my Raptor 2 preorder as my neighborhood has too many bad roads and I’m already used to 100mm MBS wheels or 97MM Abec 11 Flywheels.

Are there any chances you could offer wheels with more ruber on it in order to get at least 97mm and a more comfy ride?

What are you hoping to improve on with larger wheels? is it mainly for going over rocks & not getting tripped up etc? Or are you more talking about vibrations and rider comfort?

Because 90mm is already massive and can clear most rocks & debris, any bigger & you need a different deck… you also might need to rewind the motors to get optimal performance with the larger diameter… AMybe you just need some air inflated all terrain wheels.

If its just about comfort, vibrations etc, can try adding some extra thickness sole of shoes to help dampen vibrations, I know some of my better skate shoes are much more comfortable than runners etc…

1 Like

Im sure the raptor2 ride will be great and I know Jason is building a smooth operator. He has been open bout his stuff since the begining and knows his stuff as well. Wait to get the board or better get both Rapor and Carvon and compare and

for more thane check out carvon on kickstarter…owner/maker dude has been into hubs since the begining.