RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

There is a 2-3 layer lid that spans the entire length of the deck and the same shape of the deck that covers the top. There’s inserts all through out the deck that are used to screw the lid down in place. It’s similar to my last deck, but it’s a different deck, and the assembly procedure is better so that all the layers line up correctly. Assembly is also a fraction of the time from the last method.

There is no enclosure, just 2 built -in channels for electronics. The deck is very strong and durable. Had mine crash into curbs at 20 mph with nothing more than a scratch. A CF deck would crack and splinter in the same scenario.

We also should get back on topic, since this is about the Raptor 2. Just responding to what Jason asked for…

@evoheyax if you are using hummies hubs ill eat you in the hill clmb & sprint test! Top speed you can take that prize if you want, our target is 45km/h

Deck looks like ollin copy…

NOTE: making the stator twice as long is a stupid idea, i really hope that is not your plan.

EDIT: here’s the link for vescx, you’ll need them if you have any chance competing… http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/vesc-x-motor-controller/

He has 4x hummie.

those motors are tiny, that’s why he needs 4 :wink:

No offense but @onloop, I don’t doubt you might have the most powerful…best…blah blah, but when your still posting videos of a digital model of the battery I don’t think you can still prove %100 that you have the most this and that.

don’t worry, you’ll see the final product once it comes out of the mold…

I like to be super transparent & show everyone what is happening, the whole story… nothing to hide…

Just sit back and watch it happen folks…

4 Likes

His latest designs are far superior and being kept under tight raps, so I can’t say anything else. But they will be far better than these small ones. You also never had a pair of the non-blue goo motors. That blue goo was a bad idea that caused temps to go higher than they should have. Hill climb on this board already is very good. Sprint test is the place I’m most interested to see the comparison, and is why I want to race.

Why do you say that? Not saying that’s the plan, but why would you say that’s stupid? Enlighten me…

They are still bigger and far more powerful than the acton quatro… Just saying.

One of the questions you didnt answer in the q&a we just had, was if the urethane was also made of the same Quality of the front wheels. I thought it was a good one. From looking at the hub motor video the layer urethane looks thin…

The other thing is that @onloop, you assume 4wd hubs can’t feel good. The carvons feel like your floating on a cloud, due to the ABEC 11’s. When we get the tires just right, theres no reason they won’t feel as good as the carons do.

Also, I’ve said this before and will say it again, the VESC-X is not needed for 4wd. 2wd, maybe, but for 4wd, I will never pull more amps than the current v4 vesc’s can already do continuously. I’m looking at 150 amps max between the 4 vescs. And that’ll be on the steepest hill in San Francisco, which I will do when everything’s done. And most of the times, you’ll pull under 100 amps.

optimize your airgap & machine tolerance, maximize stator diameter, bigger stronger magnets, optimized windings etc… then maybe go with taller stator as a last resort…

never said that./ It think 4WD hubs are cool as fuck!

but simply having 4 crazy big motors because you don’t know how to optimize performance of one motor is a bad idea.

The next version of hummies motors are much more optimized. You’ll have to wait and see (as will we) how much of an affect these optimizations have. But they’re looking way better than these little guys, which btw, 4x the little guys are more powerful than the 2x r-spec motors I have in a belt drive…

BTW, you still haven’t said if your coming to race or not. I gave you something…

7 Likes

Why have 4?

2x of our R-SPEC GHOST HUBS are more powerful than 2- R-SPEC belt drive…

You gave me a picture of an empty deck & a video showing you 23mph on motors that you didn’t design.

Do you design or manufacture any of these parts yourself?

1. Motors.
  2. Motor controllers.
  3. Battery management system.
  4. Battery packs.

these are they key ingredients~!

If you don’t make these parts you are not my competition, you are just a dude who builds DIY skateboards with other people’s shit & talks smack about it.

3 Likes

At least I showed a video with numbers that can’t be debated, unlike your videos…

1. I don’t need to design my own motors when I can work with someone whose designing them and give my insight when I feel it’s necessary.

2. VESCs - how much of the design did you do (drawing things on paper doesn’t count (do you even know ki-cad?)) vs. Charles, your vesc-x engineer as he introduced himself to me…

3. BMS - As far we know, you didn’t design your bms

4. Battery Packs - Not rocket science here. I’ll be designing and building my own battery packs.

The funniest part of this is that I actually make stuff in my workspace. You just outsource the whole build to china. You don’t manufacuer a thing. Your not even going to touch the board before the consumer gets it. I actually build them by hand, the entire assembly, including assembly of the motors

I am a programmer. I plan to work with the vesc firmware and wire the bms to communicate with the vesc. This will allow more control over the battery. I will be assembling all battery packs myself. All soldering and wiring will be done by ME. My build process will be controlled by me, not left up to some factory in china.

I think everyone needs to smoke a really big fucking joint.

16 Likes

that’s good to know that you plan to do some work! Now get to it… I got a business to run.

I am down with that :grinning:

4 Likes

Just how much are you going to be selling your boards for with 4WD? What is your intended unit capacity? Do you have a secured supply chain for all necessary parts? Do you plan on smoothing out the edges for more comfort?

I Don’t understand why you are trying to beef with @onloop so much. He has way more experience than you and also a successful business that has sold to tons of people like you. Hes said it time and time again that hes trying to reach the masses like Evolve and BB. Yeah hes using DIY components but it actually benefited the DIY community with greater compitition and designs. You bag on him not touching every aspect of the of the design but here’s where you forget, you are a hobbyist moving over to custom high performance boards. He was a small batch producer of fully built DIY boards and is now making the leap to mainstream eboard market. Not only that, hes making some of the faster consumer boards with longer ranges at comparable prices. You say you’re indifferent but why are you bitching about things you bought from him? Yeah you could obviously make a faster custom board, but can you make it under $1000? I don’t think so.

He did in fact manufacture his boards in house, though. Factories are objectively better at manufacturing as @onloop mentioned. But here’s an example, Ford built his first built his vehicle by hand and also built many more custom race cars to order for race teams. Then he started Ford Motor Co to make the model T. He obviously could no longer make cars by his on hands any more and then came the age of automation. I’m just sayin’, Apple to Oranges man.

Whats wrong with China? Many high quality products come from china, the whole shit about cheap Chinese crap is straight up racist and misunderstood. There’s always gonna be cheap Chinese crap because there are people who buy them. Look at all the shit you have around your house, I guarantee you that more than 50% is made in china. And why did you buy it? Because it was cheap and good. We all wouldn’t be able to have everything that we do have if is wasn’t for global competition pushing for lower and lower prices while increasing productivity. Am I saying its the best, Fuck No, but as a consumer we already bought the shit without thinking about it.

Now here’s my beef with you; you get all high and mighty with your fucking ugly ass board saying “ohh it’s for sale” talking shit. But clearly you are in the wrong league with @onloop, hes way past you bro. the mentality that you have now, won’t get you much. If you really wanna bitch around and have people respect you, that will never happen. Nobody with any intelligence respects a person when they’re bitching, look at Donald Trump…

3 Likes