RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Yeah we are pretty happy with this result, Our target was to match the Raptor 1 performance, However, i think we will surpass it. getting a batch of motors made now with higher KV, once we start running the higher current from the new power system we should see more torque again & higher top speed. Overall very happy.

8 Likes

Iā€™m digging it! More scotch please.

1 Like

Just a quick question from my calculations on your Raptor 2 videos.

From the Bombing Up-Hill | Will this technology change skateboarding? - Raptor 2 Hill Climb video: Going uphill around 900m in 1 minute and 23 seconds leads to a average speed of 39.04 km/h.

From the Raptor 2 VS Raptor 1 - Sprint & Lap Tests video: Driving around 400m in the velodrome on a flat ground in 40 seconds leads to a average speed of 36 km/h.

Can you confirm these numbers? Because you said the uphill video is not speeded up I donā€™t get the point why you are driving uphill faster than on the flat.

Donā€™t know what kind of answer your looking forā€¦ but I know for a fact that they can start from a stand still position in a 7% slope, without giving a shitā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking very closely at hubs recently because I wanted to build some for a learning experience and Iā€™m trying to determine weather or not his hubs are different than what is currently on the market or he just has good design

These are custom designed motors. Not available anywhere!

The Chinese donā€™t know how to design decent hub motors yet, so you can stop wasting your time searching Alibaba & start researching how to make high torque motors.

1 Like

Yes but Iā€™m simply asking does the raptor 2 consume more battery life than the raptor 1

I am looking for an answer like this: Yes these numbers are / arenā€™t correct. We think these differences came from ā€¦ I think @onloop can comment on that best.

It is nice that they can start from a stand still that good, but the question is why they are faster up the hill than on a flat.

Usain Bolts maximum speed is 44.72 km/h. That is 12.42 m/s. But he still runs the 100 meter in only 9.58s. By your calculation he should do it in 8.05 s.

@E-boarding Enertion are goIng to plug as much hype into their new oroduct as possible. The guy doesnt have any budget for advertising. Hes working from his garage.

As for Mellow 4x4 go for that It must be good. How about range though. Its powering 4 motors not 2.

No. I havenā€™t talked about top speed at all. A better comparison would be a 100m run vs a 400m run. From your 100m in 9.58 seconds his average would be around 37,58km/h. Now you think on 400m he must have a lower average, because his muscles gets tired over time. But compared to the Raptor 2 he would have a not explainable faster average speed. Lets say 400m in 35 seconds, so an average of 41,14km/h. Do you think he can go the 400m faster? :grin:

Stop hating Jasonā€™s an innovator and entertainer

5 Likes

Be honestā€¦ Did you also use Google earth to measure the hill climb distance of 900mā€¦? or maybe you were you the ice addict who turned his head so quickly he dropped his hit coinsā€¦ dude! You are a smart guy. Get some solid data or stop trolling.

You have two options right now.

1. Get some irrefutable evidence and prove me wrong once and for all. Easy right?

OR

1. Accept that what I am doing is ground breaking innovation, its never been done by any human so far on the face of the planetā€¦

Also. Please remember you are now on public record. & I do expect an appology when you canā€™t prove me wrong. OR EVERYONE WITH A RAPTOR2 PROVES YOU WRONG.

Honestly. Everyone (haters) needs to take a step back and have long think about the posts they writeā€¦

Is this fake/magic tricks? Or is it real? Seriously?

Why the fuck would I risk everything on some lies?

Because IF itā€™s all fake Iā€™m going to be very embarrassed and have zero credibility in a few months when I ship all the raptor 2 to everyoneā€¦

Wake up brotherā€¦ unlearn what you have learned.

9 Likes

Yes. Google Earth is my friend. I also found your velodrome there. :grinning:[quote=ā€œonloop, post:870, topic:12694ā€] You are a smart guy. [/quote] Thanks.

I donā€™t know. I have my opinion now and it looks like you donā€™t take my questions serious. Just insult me as a hater. The data cant get more solid, so I am out now.

Btw.: Why changing the kv of the Hubs from 70kv to 85/90kv and not the battery from 10s to 12s? That would be the way I would go. I donā€™t expect a serious answer. I am out now.

That would require 8 more cells. This adds an extra 72mm length in a 4P pack and increases the cost. Also adds some extra weight. Of course I could run 12s3p bit then you end up with a smaller pack. 10s4p is perfect for my design.

I take you very seriously.

Please show the calculations that gave you such solid data. How are you making corrections for.

1. Wind resistance?
  2. Google earth terrain / incline measurement errors?
  3. Top speed VS average speed assumptions?
  4. Battery voltage?

I assume you worked all this out using some solid formulas? From video and Google earth data?

Honestly man. You are clearly very bright. But you are not going to achieve anything scrutinizing my work unless you have some facts.

Iā€™m either straight up lying about performance and everyone (maybe even you) will prove me wrong in a matter of months when they receive the product and it doesnā€™t do what I claim it can do.

OR

Iā€™m just making videos and publishing results as they occur in real life.

Seriously thoughā€¦ what exactly is your problem here?

2 Likes

Did some research on google. Even used yahoo a little. Found some hard facts. No alternative facts. Hexakopter is a competitor but heā€™s only been able to produce a push skateboard so far. Selling for $29.99 on eBay. Really far behind in manufacturing an eskate. But seriously. Donā€™t waste your time with the trolls,smart or not, for now Jason. Focus on the product. We will all see whoā€™s right in a few months. You or the skeptics. As far as Iā€™m concerned even if the board doesnā€™t fully live up to the hype, thereā€™s really nothing that compares to it for what I paid for it on kickstarter. If it does then itā€™s clearly one of,if not, the best board on the market for the price.

2 Likes

around 900mā€¦ around 400mā€¦

Do you have any quantifiable information to back this up? Itā€™s easy to get inconsistent results when you use inconsistent data.

The reason verification of this videoā€™s authenticity are many and shouldnā€™t have to be explained so moving on what are ways to verify.

Someone here said if the original soundtrack were put back you could know:

Other than that, as @hexakopter does it, the distance traveled and the time taken will show the speed. Can the start and Ed point be verified using google maps? Where was it done @onloop. Maybe the raptor goes faster than previously thought?!

I said that I am out, but maybe the basis of the date would be quite useful then. Just for the confirmation of this data you can see the coordinates on these pictures and verify it yourself. For the hill I choose two points noticeable in the video and used the corresponding time. And because the path wasnā€™t set that accurate I just round them to 400m and 900m. Maybe you will get values a little bit off.