RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

I can play that game too… this time however, let’s take a measurement on the actual part of the road that the car was positioned on.

pretty flat bro.

3 Likes

Lol 80s hair band lost a bet so I eskated around town for a day good times👍

1 Like

Damn hard core critic lol

1 Like

Yes, it maybe sounds like hardcore critic, but I think it is just fair to reveal the truth. It is not that I don’t like the Raptor 2 and especially I am a big fan of hub motors, but I think Jason doesn’t need this fake marketing to show how good his board is. It is just unfair to other companys to speed up videos to look better and than not admit doing it. Calling it “fake news” and show “alternative facts” looks like normal these days.

Man, Jason gets so much me stick from you guys… I can’t help but wonder if theirs an air of jealousy in this forum.

Try pushing a car on a shallow gradient… It’s not hard but it still takes some effort and remember how much grip is needed to start something rolling.

At the end of the day it’s fun to watch and an easy way to settle this is to now do the same thing going in the opposite direction…

5 Likes

Just ordered, now I hope you deliver on time. Cant WAIT!

1 Like

i backed the kickstarter. Im hoping to that it delivers on time but i would wait a little to receive a fully tested and finalized product. No need to rush and have issues later. Keep up the good work Jason.

3 Likes
10 Likes

hm, nice, so basically hub motor and belt drive perform about the same - the “kv gearing” is working well - could scrape some acceleration for higher topspeed and they would be equal i guess. thats a pretty nice result!

I found similar results with different gearing and different KV motors - basically there was no real difference between higher kv motors and lower kv motors with comparably taller gearing. just makes sense that these results translate up to the 1:1 gearing of the hub motors.

your hubs are really gigantic, only complain one could have might be the comfort of the thin urethane layer?

What was the battery percentage on both boards? I would still assume that the hubs take more current or am I wrong?

Just saw a video of someone pulling a 4500 pound tesla with a boosted v2. Here it is:

2 Likes

can someone measure the slope in that garage?

4 Likes

As far as I know garages are mostly pretty flat. :smile:

2 Likes

well… not really there always a slope… so water can get out in case of a flood.

True, but isnt that going towards the middle? I also would like to point out, that I didn’t post that to blame Enertion in any form, I posted it because a lot of people thought it was fake and this proves that pulling a car with an eskate is possible.

1 Like

Don’t worry… Is just that people are according so much importance to these video, they forget that Esk8 is all about having fun , I think these video weren’t made to prove something without a doubt, they are most likely to show the product and have fun some with it.

9 Likes

Very well said :smiley::thumbsup:

1 Like

Great video. :+1: Looks like the hall sensors in the HUB motors are doing their job for a smooth start from standstill. They are also a lot quieter which seems nice.

batteries were both charged fully, the power used didnt seem much different. But need to use an app to properly track that.

sensored FOC mode works nicely!