RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

its really nice seeing videos and pictures from actual boards.

so what do you have left to get? the batteries, or boards, trucks or motors? logistically speaking is everything on track for a on-time release?

I doubt that - would like to see a simulation on this though. You can’t just multiply - they are not firing at the same time so you need to average and include the phase shift the cylinders are working in. This would only work if your 80hp is already an averaged number over the entire cycle ( a 4 stroke engine needs two full “rounds” before it actually uses fuel again)

When do you start your vlog I need some raptor in my life?

of course its averaged over the motor cycle…or many cycles… thats how a engines power is measured. if you were to take instantaneous measurements throughout its 720* of motion, most of them would appear negative, as its using power to expel and compress, losing them on intake… and the greatly exceeding the avg power on its peak of the power stroke. All of them would be useless unless averaged together. with a brushless dc motor, its no different. you are applying power and taking it away in sync… and that power itself is slowed by induction, and its never constant. it goes in waves, just like the engine cycle.

exactly - and that was my point of the analogy: to show that averaging matters. Johnny with his motor current would have used only the cycle with the actual explosion inside the cylinder and would basically get double the hp than the motor actually delivers.

thats why you just need to look at the battery current and voltage under load… multiply and thats the max the output could ever be, even if the motor and controller were 100% efficient.

No need to tell ME that - johnny is the one who did not believe us :slight_smile:

It is not that a don’t belive you, It just that I like messing with people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. But I pretty those hubs can easely put out more than 2000W…

Sorry :flushed:

I could make one of them put out about 5kw… but only for so many seconds. I could have it put out 2kw, but not continuously. I would guess that with the limited cooling, 1200w continuous seems reasonable (600w each)… but for the punch up to get up to that speed… asking for 2kw for a couple seconds isnt unreasonable.

The key to doing this reliably is just rolling back the max phase amps as the temp climbs. I do the same thing with a Phaserunner on an ebike.

Don’t worry :wink:… you will see soon enough… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 months from now is not “soon”

Nha… sooner… :wink:

until im riding it to work, im not really seeing anything…

So… are you blind ??? :joy:

Please don’t let this turn into a thread like Hummie’s…

link to said thread?

Ok sorry… sir :flushed:

Its a stupid back and forth between people trying to explain to someone why hes blatantly wrong and him just trolling… (similar to the last few posts…)

1 Like

I’m not trying to be rude, I just don’t think this is the place…

1 Like
7 Likes