RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Okay this makes perfect sense in this context so my bad for harping on you that hard. Knowing this I can see clearly what is off here. The reason this works in this context is because here you are talking about the past explicitly. This entire sentence is in past tense. In your poster you have used “is” twice which is present tense and then in then throws in a “when” which is inherently a past tense adverb whose present tense is “while” but here it’s being used as a conjunction, bringing together the ideas of true performance and engineering precision mechanics. So as I read this even now that I’m trying to explain it it’s messing with my head. The issue here is its ambiguous as to which is meant without that context you provided afterwards. I think that’s also because this sentence makes just as much if not more sense if it’s all in present tense as “True performance is only achieved while engineering precision mechanics” So if you’re looking to deliver the same message then you should replace when with while, then that would fix the confusion.

I think the biggest issue though is the perspective from which it’s written. In your poster we, the end user , are the ones reading it and the rider will not be doing any precision engineering through which we’ll achieve true performance. So it makes a ton of sense from your perspective and as we the end user we will be the beneficiaries of that but it’s not something that as an end user can be related to without that context right away. You get what I mean, in that sense now I totally get where your coming from but I would never have thought of it in that sense unless you had explained it.

Knowing that now your point is definitely valid but it’s not one a consumer may relate to immediately as I didnt. Rather we will be using the board, so it might be something to look into to replaced with a proposition instead

For example: “True performance is only achieved with engineer-ed precision mechanics” since that is what the consumer will receive, a tangible part vs an experience of engineering a part. Similarly “True performance is only achieved through engineer-ed precision mechanics” for the same reasons of receiving the end product which has gone through precision engineering rather than us partaking in the engineering experience itself. It’s just more straight forward of a “this is what you’re getting statement”.

in summary though, I understand your point now with your explanation of how you came up with the phrase but it is just slightly confusion from a end user perspective.

1 Like

I think i should hire you to write my copy.

1 Like

Lol I just happen to be in a program that is essentially a double major in Mechanical Engineering and Management which is a lot of Marketing, Economics and Business as well as project management so I happen to be passionate about both the technical side and business side of things. I cant see one without the other really, theyve become so intertwined.

1 Like

Eventually, i hope to replace myself with people who actually have legit educations (and the student debt to prove it) that say they are certified to do what I’m hustling to do each day… I’ve learned a lot about everything these last 3 years but I am no expert.

Seriously, i am just a dude in his garage who is trying to take over the world one Instagram post a time, I take all my own photos, do all my own graphic design, i design all the products… this is as real as it gets.

7 Likes

Changed my mind …

I’ve seen several Raptors 2 being assembled in your garage, are those already production boards or just prototypes?

Can we see a video comparing the acceleration of one of the latest prototypes vs a Raptor 1?

2 Likes
4 Likes

So much tease :stuck_out_tongue:

When are/have you already recorded the hill climb?

5 Likes

This torrent of advertising is getting ridiculous …

6 Likes

When will we be able to buy the adjustible angle trucks? Will it be possible to purchase them in may, when the first batch of the Raptor 2 boards will be shipped?

1 Like

agreed. hes already sold more boards then hes going to be able to ship on time… and he still hasnt changed the promised ship date for those poor suckers that are still buying them.

1 Like

Bullshit bingo buzzwords on render pics, I know your board is better than your marketing…

You’re trying to overtake some major brands, fine, in terms of stupid marketing your competitors are still far ahead but you’re catching up.

Show us detailed technical comparisons, real life data, performance, long hill-climb videos with VESC-Monitoring data etc., that’s the kind of marketing the best electric skateboard on market needs. :wink:

I claim Mellow 4x4 is the most powerful direct drive electric skateboard, can you proof me wrong?

1 Like

Here you go… :wink:

Around 2250W per motor…

Just do the math🤔

I see 36.5A at 33V - that is 1230W Only battery amps count for the actual power

Sorry but NO, it is 66,9amp on the motor

Also take note that it was fucking -20ºC outside

Say, if you cant deliver in may, can you get a refund?

That is because of duty cycle. Where is the additional 1000w coming from if not from the battery? Also temperature has nothing to do with this.

Basicly… there 70amp comming from the battery… the duty cycle only affect the timing of the discharge and average current per seconde… the current isn’t amplified it is just discharging too fast to affect the current of the battery… you can’t just amplified energy like that… there is no additional current, or else it will be call a free enegy device :wink:

What? You are actually trying to tell me that the battery amps are doubled? I honestly don’t know how to tell you you are wrong. The constant part in your system is the battery amps and voltage. Motor current can not be used for power calculations.