RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Is this board suited for beginners?

I have recently found longboarding and will probably get my first eboard. I have looked up Evolve GT and find it really nice, but since the price is quite expensive I am not going for that even if I like the setup with swapable wheels and such. Will Raptor 2 be swapable wheels in the future? Is there a friendly beginner mode on the board? I think I am more of a glider then a speedster, will this board suite me? What range could I get if I just glide around in mid speed? Iam 180 cm and 90 kg if thats important

For now this is all my questions.

Is this board suited for beginners? yes and noā€¦ on one hand, you can keep the throttle switch in the ā€œhalfā€ modeā€¦ this means that wide ope throttle is only half throttle, and its easier to modulateā€¦ If youā€™re electrically inclined, you can also program the VESC to be easier to ride. that saidā€¦ you will fall. at first it will be starting out and brakingā€¦ but you will get that quick. but thats when the trouble startsā€¦imagine you have a mountain bike, and you pedal it as fast as you can. then imagine the bike suddenly disappears. this is a normal beginner electric skateboard fall. it will happen. If you know how to fall in general, and you wear your gearā€¦ you will be fine. if you think ā€œi got thisā€ thats when this kind of fall happensā€¦ so if youā€™re the type of person that will not wear their gearā€¦ no. its not for you. it just goes too fast too easily. if youā€™re unusually responsible, then sureā€¦ it can work as a first board.

Will Raptor 2 be swapable wheels in the future? the motor wheels are replaceable, but its unlikely you will have many options. all terrain wheels are possible for the future, but youā€™re not going to be swapping from the stock black wheels to diffrent colors or sizes anytime soon.

Is there a friendly beginner mode on the board? there is a switch that will make the throttle max out at 50%ā€¦ so its easier to modulate.

I think I am more of a glider then a speedster, will this board suite me? yes, but the stock remote isnt as comfortable at part throttle as some othersā€¦ but you can swap it to almost any other throttle, and add cruise controlā€¦ so if it doesnt work out, you can change it. youā€™re not stuck with the throttle it comes with.

What range could I get if I just glide around in mid speed? Iam 180 cm and 90 kg if thats important everything I said so far goes along with what @onloop said. this is where we disagree. I think that if you glide around mid speed you will get 18-20miles. he claims much higher, but based off other vehicles using the same batteries, that is my personal expectation.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply

depends on your weight & your bushing setup. but normally with 90m wheels riser is needed.

Yes, & yes

Can you mount these trucks on a drop thru deck? I would like to see a shot of the top of the hub motor trucks, to see if I would need to install a plate to keep water, etcā€¦ out.

What kind of payment methods are there? Is it all cash upfront or can we book and pay later right before shipping?

What is the length of the battery box?

I am considering adding a Raptor 2 to my quiver and using a vintage deck such as a 36" Sims Taperkick.

I am looking forward to reviews and videos of the production boards.

This board looks like it will be outstanding.

Best of luck to the Enertion team and to the early adopters.

At least you will need 660mm wheel base.

the case is 545mm

Thank you for the rapid reply.

Since I donā€™t have a metric tape measure, (and for those who need to do the math such as myself) 660mm is 25.984 inches and 545mm is 21.456 inches.

It looks like this would work if I moved each truck about an inch (25.4mm) to extend the wheelbase to 660mm.

It would be really nice to have a vintage deck with a modern power system. Kind of like a classic car with a turbocharged, fuel injected engine.

You have to pay now.

Any updates?

@onloop, if youā€™re looking for ideas on updatesā€¦ it would be cool to see the stacks of boards and motors and stuff that will be assembledā€¦ maybe make a ā€œbuilding raptor 2sā€ videoā€¦

1 Like

If I order upcoming weeks when is the delivery date? I mean do I have to wait till June or even to July? Saw your video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgj-R7RsllQ

3 Likes

Mellow 4x4 will be more powerfull and hit the market before the Raptor 2, but still of the most powerfull boards, canā€™t wait to test it.

how bout stating what size they are instead of just a claim. what size the stator is, or what size and temp ability your magnets are seems to be a secret. Im wondering why

Awesome board dude keep up the good work

3 Likes

How much Real world Range does this get ?

Hey @onloop, how many days left for us to cash out the referrals?