RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Who cares about the Raptor 2 yet guys? It’s not even released yet. Speculations are just that. Let @onloop do his thing. Most everyone that has an issue with the specs and pre-release advertisements isn’t even making the purchase. The Raptor 1 performs great in my opinion. Better than I would’ve thought. Can’t wait to get my Raptor 2. It’ll hopefully perform better as well.

https://youtu.be/cUc6mIZ0K2U

1 Like

I like the ride we’re having towards the raptor 2 and such. I also like this forum, but I wasn’t expecting its prime splash image to be devoted to the raptor 2. feels like the 2000s when Microsoft was shoving internet explorer in our faces simply by using windows. I get it that this forum is maintained by you, however you said it yourself this is a place of open-platform and open-source electric-skateboard building, but putting your raptor 2 on the front page feels… counter to that. like establishing a sort of superiority that isn’t the same as back in the day with the showdown between your R-SPEC and the other motors especially TB’s motors. I was on your side then because the images and proof was there. but now you’re using that prime imagery (spot) for your business. you’re treading on middle ground, and I do realize this forum is free too… but… just saying.

1 Like

lol i had a good laugh about this. onloop is the king moderator here. he could make you disappear from this forum and there wouldn’t be a single trace of you or him doing it.

I have never banned anyone from this forum, this place would be boring without all the trolls… & they keep my topics at the top of the threads everytime they comment with some random conspiracy theory…

1 Like

Meanwhile at enertion HQ we take all the trolls energy & redirect it towards building the Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard!

The Raptor 2 deck is starting to look very nice!

9 Likes

For sure, I only mentioned it in this thread after another user said something about it. I don’t even own one and I personally wouldn’t buy one, with that much money I could build a better one

It would be great to know what magnets are in the enertion’s motor this time, especially since it’s a hub motor and will get hot and those who bought it should know what temp the magnets will be damaged. Any business selling a quality motor will reveal this. Why wouldn’t this be revealed?

I’d be good if we could distinguish between the trolls and those of us who are seeking knowledge and questioning promotional claims and not just taking promotional spew at face value. Are we not supposed to question and just buy?

LoL. Those are company secret you’re asking. Theres nothing relevant that end user “like me” needs to know.

Casual endusers not but this is a technical forum and guys here want to know :wink:

1 Like

Yea but then there is no business. Theres no need to make Enertion or any other supplier. Everybody here just going to ask whos your supplier / factory then buy out or make your self. The forum helps people to make their own DIY eBoard, not to make DIY motors, pulleys and DIY business. Thats ridiculous.

1 Like

Enertion’s factory likely has a deal where they aren’t allowed to sell to others as is typical. Knowing what temp you’re motor can get to shouldn’t be a secret as it defines what the motor can do. It does it and is fine or it’s cooked Knowing the details of what’s inside is the only way to make an informed decision when buying. Max or continuous wattage number and supposed speed are empty nuzmbers for marketing its been shown. If you want to know what you’re really getting and what it can do, and if the seller really wants you to know what the motor can do, then you can know with those numbers . Look at top motor manufacturers like hacker or scorpion or others. I can’t help but be cynical with the magical numbers presented by board companies

2 Likes

What incentive is there for me to release any further info beyond what I have already released?

The details I have provided so far have been dismissed as “Marketing BS” anyway… Most of you guys seem to have hidden motives.

1. You either have a business planned and want info so you can make your own products better.
  2. You are a troll and just love to argue about shit with no ability to back up your arguments.
  3. You are fanboys from some other brand & will just argue anyway so you can help justify your own purchases or beliefs.

I’m just going to focus on making the most powerful direct drive electric skateboard in the world and you guys can sit & watch in amazement.

I’m just going to leave this here:

3 Likes

@Hummie please stop asking about motor magnets and air gap. At some point I’m very tired reading upon this discussion. I know you’re in the hub motor business, very cool product. I would love to have one, but please don’t antagonize other if they don’t want to disclose their information. Enertion is a board making company, not a “specific” motor manufacturer. Surely Enertion has signed a non compete agreement on their products with their manufacturers and therefore there won’t be no more highly classified information Enertion will leak out.

You just got to claim and proof better in your own way, thats the way I expect everyone innovating should be doing.

Ok. Is it wrong to ask for one number, just one. What’s the continuous wattage and how is it gotten?

I’m not a hater I would just like it if on the forum we could talk reality about products. If a claim is made about most powerful can we know what that wattage is? Assuming most motors are the same to get that number you really have to know what the magnet temp ability is. God forbid someone really wants to know what the claimed most powerful motor can really do. It’s main selling point is thst it’s the most powerful and we’re supposed to not ask!?

We question claims made by the many other companies is enertion immune?

3 Likes

RAPTOR 2 DELIVERY CUTOFF DATE ANNOUNCED

2 Likes

Is this forum esk8.buyers or esk8.builders ?

1 Like

@akira From what I’ve seen… both. There are stores posted all over the place here. Whether complete skateboards or parts. A sale is a sale.

This is how I look at this situation. It’s both building and selling. It’s cool to ask detail question, but if you’re not getting an answer, don’t complain and cry. Ask the person personally via pm, maybe the information is just not meant to be disclosed to the public.

The forum initial purpose was to help build - assemble esk8 from hobby parts. It’s also not meant to justify wether one product better than the other or marketplace and or building a specific motor in particular. I really don’t want to know the exact details of the little pieces within the motor, how to assemble your own motor and to get the 100% perfection. It’s good to know, but it would provide less interest for people who just get started.

You know, as long as you keep adding random variables to “scientific” tests it’s obvious that we can’t take you seriously. I don’t have any secret motive, I haven’t even bought from an esk8 shop yet, it’s just that I can’t stand fake marketing from people who don’t need it. You’re the only one that can’t backup your arguments with science. You just said “my battery tests are good, if you don’t agree show me yours”. First, if they are that good show the video of the full 25/30 miles ride. Second, don’t suppose people have 10% of downhill. People buy your product based on that, you’re the only one who needs confirmations. By the way, you just said “loser” to an athlete that made it to the Olympics finals, I’m just going to leave this here. You are smart though, flame posts here work like light for moths, and I like fire and can’t look away