RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

How many boards have you guys built so far?

I have built one, and it’s ugly. I’ll wait for @onloop to do his thing to his satisfaction, then enjoy riding my raptor2.

1 Like

Are we still on track in the long run, or does this delay all the boards? I’m order 10041, I can’t wait to put some footage up!

Im looking for a backpack to carry my future 10kg heavy raptor 2. Does any1 have the possibility to check if the raptor 2 will fit the evolve backback? This seems to be the only backpack that carries the eskate close to your back.

https://www.evolveskateboardsuk.co.uk/products/evolve-backpack

Interested in other options to!

1 Like

I have one, it fits all of my eboards. It will definitely fit.

Backpacks specifically made for eboards seem to be a niche market, hence they can ask for that excessive price of £109. If you want it attached close to your back seems to be your only option. Personally I’m just getting a regular skateboard backpack like the Element Mohave for example.

There’s another post where forum members discussed this topic Thread link. Not much to go on tho.

1 Like

I have an oakley snowboard backpack that held the board horizontally, worth looking there but likely high end price though…

contact enertionsupport to find a sollution, but pls stop flaming here

Made any more progress today with getting the first boards out? @onloop

2 Likes

I bought a bag that is a board bag that the board will fit right in and has back pack straps. it doesn’t have storage for other stuff like the bag above, but it is more discrete which I like. (I am 38 so I want the functionality without all the attention).

Can you give us a link or the name of the product?

I bought both of these bags. The first is padded and will be my storage and transportation (local travel) bag ($30US) The second is a thinner nylon bag that rolls up reasonably small and will fit inside the normal backpack so I can take it with me (in the normal back pack) when I go places on the board. ($20US) I have both bags at home and based on measurements they should fit the R2, but do your own check since I don’t have a board yet to test it with.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120cm-30cm-Advanced-Thick-Longboard-Bag-Waterproof-Skateboard-Backpack-Handbag-/322223688829?hash=item4b06074c7d&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/112cm-35cm-Longboard-Skateboard-Carry-Bag-Handy-Backpack-Professional-Adult-Mesh-/222135688661?hash=item33b8519dd5&_uhb=1

2 Likes

FYI the Evolve back pack is a great design, but its construction really could be better. My first one tore right away. Ive been very carfeul with the replacement but I think a bag designed to carry a 20+lb board should have really heavy duty stiching and fabric.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy a bag like that unless it explicitly said the straps are designed/tested to support a 10kg board. A general skateboard is probably less than a third of the Raptor 2 weight, wouldn’t risk the straps falling appart the wrong moment and having Raptor smash to concrete from any height.

If it cant handle a 1m fall when inside a bag do you really dare to ride it? :smiley:

To each their own I guess. If you look at the evolve bag it just comes with a board cover and the stitching is not double or triple threaded either. It looks quite flimsy actually and is four times the price. I’m not too worried about the Element holding 5kg per strap. You have to consider the weight won’t just be resting on those straps there will be some weight distribution. I know element bags are quality and I can get one for 30 euro, so it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Besides you will be able to tell if the stitching is coming loose before the board drops as long as you inspect it before each use, if you really that worried about it dropping. Also if the load is really too much for it to handle it will be noticeable after the first use and I can either return it or use it as a regular stylish backpack since the straps are hideable.

1 Like

or have the stitching reinforced at a fraction of the price at your local tailor/seamstress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed that works too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey can someone who’s had a go of Raptor 2 please tell us how it goes when you push? (power on and off)

Cheers

I feel like a normal snowboard backpack would be a good backpack. Those are designed to carry a snowboard – which is going to be closer to the weight of an e-board (maybe even more). Any snowboard backpack should do the trick in my opinion.