Question about anti spark xt90 loop key

Do I need a resistor as well for an xt90 or will it work fine without it.

Also can I just plug the wires directly into the soldering tabs on the xt90s or do I need to use bullet connectors

Just solder it

Also do I need a capacitor

Or resistor, not sure which one is correct😀

If you buy an anti-spark XT-90s you dont need a resistor, just solder the wire and ends on. You put the XT-90s in the middle of the positive circuit. Look at the Beautiful Diagrams thread, there are a few XT-90s diagrams…

Ok thanks a lot

It looks like this…

THat is a cutout from the entire schematic which look like this, so you have a better idea of what it should like like as part f the entire electronics structure.

3 Likes

Ok cool thanks

2 Likes

how does this look:

im not the best a soldering

Heat shrink the ends, and make sure your using an iron that really hit so you get a good flow. Also a helping hand will make like a lot easier, just Google helping hands soldering stand.

i didnt put heat shrink on before i soldered them though

can i just use regular electrical black tape

dude cmon… if you don’t even know the purpose of electrical tape you shouldn’t be building a board. please dude, it’s not because i hate you or anything, you just gotta get the basics down before attempting to build something as complicated as a board.

practice your soldering skills, read, read and read

1 Like

i have no access to heat shrink, why i cant use electrical tape?

1 Like

i didn’t say you couldn’t use electrical tape. electrical tape is fine. my point was that if you can’t figure that out yourself you shouldn’t be building a board. again, not trying to be mean, just telling you the reality of your situation

1 Like

ok thank you

the xt90 parts should be flipped. the male pins are the key part to prevent accidental power on. and sparks.

Looks like it is shorted on the south end of that connector.