PWRESC 6 pre-orders on pwrboards.com

Interesting. So what would everyone say would be a good price since according to some the new price is a rip off? Let’s take out the fact that it’s an untested ESC and say it works just as good as Trampas?

Keeping in account that it’s European and the store obviously needs to make money.

Literally anything you buy its marked up at least 100%. This is how business works: you pay for the service the business man offers. If you dont like this tradeoff its totally fine, but then you should’t buy groceries and clothes either. The problem here is that the manufacturer hasn’t dealt well with distributors pricing. BTW I’d be surprised if a focbox costs more than 45/50$ to make.

i don’t understand why that was flagged… i said what other people have already said, just straight up

Well this is cheaper and from a trusted company.

https://store7570530.ecwid.com/#!/VESC-made-in-Germany/p/56097898/category=15255004

Feel free to shoot this argument down but:

The esk8.de ESC says it’s based on the VESC 4.12 hardware, this one @OskarCastrone offered was supposed to be based on the VESC 6?

1 Like

That’s the 4.12… this thread is about a Six clone. And has @OskarCastrone proven to be unreliable? He’s Been here for more than both you an I and at least 11 people forum members advocate for him in terms of trust

Edit: But good looks, Might cop a dual. Germany upgraded too? Nice

Its not the VESC 4.12 its based on 4.12 hardware with upgraded components

I didnt say he was unreliable. Both may be reliable but oskar is selling an untested product.

1 Like

So basically a German Focbox? But it’s still not the 6 nor is it based on the VESC6

I don’t understand why everyone is bashing at him for trying to launch a new product.

He’s taking a risk, developing a new product which currently only exists with one vendor in the EU (Trampa that I know of). The fact that the cost of the materials in the BOM is X does not mean it is reasonable to charge the same amount when selling it as people said.

and also what @Jc06505n said

I am not bashing anyone just trying to inform people that.

He isn’t developing a new product. This product is made by flipsky

No one on here has tested it - theres already issues with it look at this thread and read what people are saying

And it being labelled as the WWESC6 or Flipsky v6 ESC is just misinforming customers @trampa

It has to be noted that esk8.de manufacture their own ESCs and have a great track record with their other vesc

How so?

And I agree, But not relevant seeing as how its Still based on 4.12 and this product is based on the 6

The focbox is based on 4.12 hardware.

If esk8.de said based on VESC6 or VESC6 clone what that make you feel better?

Yes because then it would be relevant. But if it’s based on 4.12, which it says so on the website, then it isn’t.

Compare it to the specs then :slight_smile:

• Current: Up to 240A for a couple of seconds or about 50A continuous depending on the temperature and air circulation around the PCB.
  • 60A continuous current, up to 240A (for some seconds)
  • 68mm x 72 x 20mm.

flip

• Current: Continuous 60A, Burst 150A. Values depend on the temperature and air circulation around the device
  • Also claiming to be waterproof
  • 100mm92mm22.5mm
1 Like

Now this makes more sense :slight_smile: Comparing specs regardless of VESC base that is. I’m actually waiting for a couple of ESCs from esk8.de currently.

I’m not trying to say one is better than the other. I was just trying to point out the fact that it can be good to get more players in the market. Putting a new product out there is not cheap, regardless if you are developing it, buying it from Flipsky or Alibaba or wherever in bulk and people always scream and shout as soon as there is a product that is in a price category we think is unreasonable.

Aaaanyhow, sorry for rambling, that’s just my 2 cents!

1 Like

I agree with you, the name given shouldn’t be a big deal. The specs given to the product and the quality is more important.

A new person may get fooled into buying a lesser product because of the name given

OK, you’ve made your point. You’ve completely derailed this thread 3 times. I get that you think your the VESC police, so just go hold hands with Frank and move along.

2 Likes

In my opinion these specs are not to be trusted since you can read similar specs on regular V4.12.

I think there is a group of people that want a reasonable cheap version of the V6 because of the reliability problems (burning the drv chip etc) if v4.12 since V6 uses another drv chip. Also the máximum voltage is increased.

It’s great to have many options, eu supliers etc but rebranding the products adds a bit of confusion.

I don’t care what people buy but the least I can do is answer someones question.

I’ve made my point thats all but you don’t need to compare me to frank :smile:

To be fair, the specs has nothing to do with the reliability of the hardware. Comparing specs of 4.x and 6 feels very inrrelevant. I can say that I’ve changed more DRVs than i can remember on the 4.x and 0 on the 6. None the less, nice to see more players making interrations of the VESC 6. Best of luck!

And I still dont get this resilence to the TM. You’re making money of something you didint invent, for free. Just change the name. Sounds like a fairly nice deal…

2 Likes