PSA: Do not buy Evolve 97mm wheels

Why would you want a narrower contact patch? Less drag? O was under the impression that people like wider contact patches for best grip.

My shaved MBS wheels have a pretty wide contact patch, they are grippier than my 97mm flywheels, I love them

That is a wider contact patch compared to the 44mm of ABEC flywheels. Iā€™ve ate it losing traction on a sharp turn, so I would definitely appreciate a wider contact patch.

Have you tried shaved MBS 100mm wheels? Those have a crazy ammount of traction.

I donā€™t have a lathe :confused: howā€™s the ride? Iā€™m spoiled by ABEC 75Aā€™s.

I have the 97mm abecs 11 75A, the 97mm cobranded Metroboard and the 100mm unstoppable shaved MBS, between all the MBS are the grippiest, the ABEC 11 the softests but not as much

I have two sets of the Evolve 97s for sale.

(As well as Psychotillerā€™s pneumatics)

Iā€™d just contact Evolve for a refund. Iā€™d doubt anyone in this thread would be interested

3 Likes

Much better :wink:

9 Likes

sooo many toysss :astonished:

where from!!!

me waaaant!!!

Ollin boards has/had them

geeeeshā€¦NewMexicoā€¦long way to Romania:)))ā€¦

thanks thoughā€¦

Iā€™ve heard from a few different people now that black thane in general is crap since some people are taking shortcuts and saving money by mixing old crappy thane in there, and since its not a colored thane, you canā€™t tell what kind of quality it is or whatā€™s in there just by looking at it. You could be getting somebody elseā€™s leftover crap from last year in there, who knows.

https://evolveskateboards.fr/collections/les-roues/products/roues-abec11-flywheels-97mm-75a-set-de-4 This is where i got mine from.

Riding with a few folks on evolve last month two of them had chunked evolve wheelsā€¦ super lame. And Evolve wasnā€™t fixing/replacing them. Iā€™d avoid.

I love my Abec 11 83/97/e-fly 107ā€™s! Kudos to @chrischaput for such quality wheels!!! I even got the efly 107 monsters to mount up w/ dual motorsā€¦ But will still grab the new 107 flywheels when they become available. Remember a group buy or discount to the folks here when they come out!!

1 Like

Please ping me once they are in the market :slight_smile:

reflex formula tends to chunk, but doesnā€™t seem to affect the ride, and at least unpowered, has been well worth the tradeoff.

Iā€™d be interested in a set of those Evolve 97ā€™s. Where are you located? Iā€™m in Spainā€¦