PSA: Do not buy Evolve 97mm wheels

I agree, 97s are huge. 90mm wheels are big enough, all I could find were 97s tho.

I actually had the same problem with a pair of flywheel clones and diys wheel pulley so I 3D modeled and printed a ring that would space it out. I found it even helped on abec 90mm flywheels especially if I want to use a 15mm belt. I donā€™t believe it will work on enertion mounts though, as the hole and mounting gear all need to line up If anyone wants the files for that lmk.

I can provide similar feedback here as well. Iā€™ll post pictures once Iā€™m alone in the office later. Mine are beginning to chip near the edges after only 4 days of usage. I was able to correct the sunken wheel pulley problem in the Raptor V1 by cutting 2 small pieces of CAT-5E cable and inserting between the wheel pulley and the wheel itself. I simply wrapped the cable around the wheel pulley. This allows for about a 1-2mm clearance, so that the wheels donā€™t touch the belts. It barely clears and I still donā€™t see any sign of belts getting worn down so far.

thats a real bummer brohan, thanks for letting me know i was also about to buyā€¦ =(

And I was criticized for questioning the evolve on the sideā€¦I think the branding ruins perfectly good productsā€¦itā€™s like the Madden cover curse

So here are some pictures of my Evolve 97mm wheels. Itā€™s not as bad as previously thought. Only one small chip and small crack on the edge. The overall vibration is reduced, but not as durable as Iā€™d had hoped. I know the wires are not aesthetically pleasing, but it does the job. Iā€™ll have to cut those ends off of the wires when I get some free time.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to find a good pair of flywheels recently? The only one I can find are hard-as-rock clones on Amazon; it seems like all the legitimate flywheels are sold out everywhere.

Ollin and Evolve have them on their stores

1 Like

For those located in the EU; I got mine from here and they still have them in stock. 127.59 ā‚¬ + shipping

http://www.hungryhills.de/detail/index/sArticle/21777

just buy the evolve pulleys :confused: Dam shame they didnā€™t fix this issue. :frowning:

Theyā€™re 32/38T and you have to chop off more of your trucks

doesnā€™t matter if they canā€™t get the duro right. Holding out for the carvon blue abec 11ā€™s !

How about abec 11 Metroboard? Has anyone try?

Somewhat ironically, many 97mm Flywheels in 75a were hand delivered to Evolve USA in Carlsbad California by yours truly last week ā€¦

Iā€™m picking up some production 107mm SuperFlyā€™s tomorrow and theyā€™re almost all spoken for ;-(

2 Likes

I love my metroboard cobranded abec 11!

I hope Iā€™m not overstepping any boundaries here but if yā€™all like genuine made in the USA 97mm Abec 11 Flywheels, like the color Black, like the awesome Reflex Formula urethane in 77a, you may want to give Metroboard (Metro-Board.com) a call in a day or two. Iā€™m just sayinā€™ ā€¦

5 Likes

May I get in line for the 107mm SuperFlys as well?

Iā€™m willing to pay 100 bucks shipping included for that kind of wheels, metroboard has them for a higher price. Evolve has the regular 97mm for less

1 Like

black 97mm 55mm contact patch in flywheel hub style == instant buy

1 Like

@Eboosted @ChrisChaput thanks will checkā€™em