PSA Check VESC before use

EDIT: I changed the title to reflect that this could be any VESC and not just Ollin Board’s.

Original Post: So as part of my build I ordered 2 VESC from Ollin Board Company based on recommendations from people here on their quality. I was a little dissapointed because they dropped the ball on my order a few times but they finally came in and they threw in a shirt so I’m cool with that. I realized when plugging them into my 2-to-1 XT-90 connector I got that one of the VESC’s XT90 plug was soldered on backward. I noticed because my cables ended up red to black but if you’re only use one VESC you might not notice as easily. See pictures below. I’m going to reach out to them regarding this.

Original Post: Shocked that this wasn’t caught in QA, I guess that shows that their VESC are shipped out untested.

Edit: @chaka noted below that they are tested pre soldering. Also after re-reading this I see I might be coming off a little short. That was not my intent and for that I apologize.

. . .

Good thing you didn’t plug those suckers in. :no_mouth:

First time I have ever heard of some negative experience with @chaka. But there is always a first time and I am pretty sure they will take care of this asap.

Didn’t even realize that @Chaka was Ollin Board, he even posted on my build thread today with some good pointers. $h!t happens, I just don’t want anyone who’s only working with one missing something like this.

it is probably super rare to get a subpar one from them - could actually be a collector’s item :smiley:

Hey Marc, Contact us through support and we will take care of this for you right away.

We have a few extra hands around here, I’ll be sure to take a better look at connectors before they leave the shop.

FYI… We test these before we solder the connectors so they good to go besides the connector mishap.

I guess that shows that their VESC are shipped out untested.

If you would prefer a refund just send them both back and we will be happy to do so :wink:

1 Like

Hey Marc, Contact us through support and we will take care of this for you right away.

We have a few extra hands around here, I’ll be sure to take a better look at connectors before they leave the shop.

FYI… We test these before we solder the connectors so they good to go besides the connector mishap.

I guess that shows that their VESC are shipped out untested.

If you would prefer a refund just send them both back and we will be happy to do so :wink:

No at all if you’re saying they’re tested pre solder I’ll take your word for it. People like them for a reason. I’ll update my build thread so people see that they are tested.

EDIT: I just re-read my post original and realized I might have come off a bit cold. It wasn’t my intention and I wanted to make that clear.

1 Like

No offense taken, we are good! :grin:

We manufacture these ourselves. I personally do all the placing, smd soldering, and testing. I apologize for the loss of time on your project but do know that we stand by our products often repair user related faults free of charge so a manufacturing error like this is completely covered.

1 Like

Good resolution.

Please up date title :wink:

Well people should still check their VESC sockets so unless you’re saying they shouldn’t I think it’s still a valid point? I think people can see by looking in the comments that it’s a rare occurrence and that Ollin Board stands by their product or am I missing what you were saying?

1 Like

I changed the title to reflect that this could be any VESC and not just Ollin Board’s.

And I changed it back. :laughing:

HaaaHaa I was like crap I did something wrong and changed it before I saw your comment. It’s actually better as a general PSA. I’d rather everyone sees it and not just your customers…