Protective Gear

I have one of these for a helmet:

I feel that as long as you’re not going 20+ all the time you can get away with just a helmet, pushing that speed or faster is time to start investing in a full face helmet and at the very least always wearing jeans and a light jacket, of course getting motorcycle gear is always a positive option.

For anyone out there that doesn’t wear a helmet with an e-board. Stop being an idiot and start now. I didn’t have a helmet a few months ago and over accelerated and fell off my board, straight into a light pole and nearly broke my face. It wasn’t fun, I lucked out and didn’t break anything but I still had a concussion and still had a CT scan to be safe. I wasn’t even going that fast either.

Thanks for the link to the helmet @emepror. I’ll be bookmarking it. I have to wait for my next couple of paychecks before I can get to buying that.

I like the way it looks.

I also found this:

I think once I have the money as well I’ll be buying that to replace my current helmet, ill be doing a lot more street riding soon and a better helmet is always a good option

Depends on your board. My general rule is 20 mph and under with a very predictable/smooth throttle curve I usually wear a skate helmet or bike helmet, gloves of some sort, knee pads, and elbow pads.

For something like a raptor that goes 28 mph I’d up the helmet to my predator DH6.

For downhill longboarding (with a motor) or E boards that can go faster, I’d wear full leathers with protection in elbows, knees, and the predator dh6. Full fingered gloves are a must as well. Motorcycle armor is fine, but a lot of motorcycle racing suits are designed to be in that motorcycle tuck position which may not be comfortable on an E-board. If you get good fitting motorcycle gloves though, you can use them with an e-board and a remote.

Predator DH6 helmet: http://www.predatorhelmets.com/dh6/ ($275)

I have this helmet. http://triple8.com/product/dual-certified-brainsaver/ Runs small and I didn’t like it at first, but the padding compresses after a couple rides and now I really like it.

2 Likes

Yep, I recommend tsg pass or a predator dh6

1 Like

I have ridden the TSG Pass just 30 km right know and love it.

Yep, @Mr_Mahal has a tsg pass too and he likes it as well last time I checked.

The Pass is awesome, not made for 75 degree plus weather but if you’re flying the entire time with shorts/tank tops on, it might be bearable. When I get the raptor best believe I’ll have it on the entire time.

3 Likes

I gotta hit a pawn shop lol I bet there’s one in there lol…ill just use a lot of lysol

Icon make some pretty good inexpensive ballistic nylon armored jackets. They aren’t that expensive either!

1 Like

I also wear a Triple 8 Brainsaver. I have a big head, and the XL didn’t fit, but found they also make an XXL. For some reason they don’t advertise it.

I also wear Triple 8 wrist guards and elbow pads when I ride. When it’s cold out, I have the the Triple 8 gloves with built in guards. I picked up the fingerless version and just wear thin gloves underneath when it’s really cold.

Those looks badass! I was also looking at airbag jacket from Revzilla, technology has gotten so damn advance!

I wrecked a motorcycle in an icon leather, and not saying it was the jacket and pants that saved me when I hit the retaining wall and fell about 30 feet down into the canyon, but I climbed back out to pick up the pieces of my bike with only a bruise on my shoulder.

I have a TSG Pass helmet. Brand new but when I ride fast and there’s wind, the wind sneaks under the face shield and makes a loud whistling sound. Have you ever experienced that? Do I need to tighten the shield?

Mine is brand new as well and I’m not that experienced with it. But to now I haven’t had any noise issues when riding. On a break as the wind came rough from my back direction, I had a whistle noise in some specific angles. But nothing while going over 10 kph.

I tightened the screws that hold the shield on and that has helped. At least the wind howl stopped.

Good to hear! I’m very happy with this helmet. Have you bought one of the flat colors? Is it easy to scratch?