Project Valkyrie - Dual 6355 12s4p first build

My only issue with the highground is the concave is pretty deep so my front foot would feel like my toes were being folded back onto my the top of my foot…if that makes any sense

1 Like

It is pretty deep, but it makes easy to do deep carves and slide…tons of grip.

1 Like

It may be my clown feet as well…i always had wide ass boards…there’s a reason most of the pros are average to smaller in stature

1 Like

I’m only a size 9 so this board should be a good pivot for me

2 Likes

I run a 12s4p 30q cells with Dual 6374 107mm wheels and 16/36 gear ratio and I top out at 41mph with these gears and get 18-20 mile range riding hard most of the ride if I go easy I’ve gotten 30mile range and I’m a heavy guy. So I think you are under estimating your planned set up.

2 Likes

Maybe take a look at this deck:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-wood-and-carbon-decks-group-buy/43245

1 Like

my gearing is gong to be 16/44 and at 85% efficiency I would get around 29mph. But your are right about my range, sounds like I’ll get way more than 12-15 (which isn’t a bad thing ha!)

1 Like

Small update.

The new deck came in. So far I do like it, little worried about whet bite, already wana cut it or something. Also got the drive and wheel pulleys in, BKB pulleys are choice. Motors should be here within a week, cells show up Monday, FOCBOXs are probably less than 2 weeks away, and to try and combat the terrors of wheel bite a 1/2” rubber riser. Need to buy BMS, on/off switch, and decide if I’m spot welding this battery together or if I’m outsourcing. Also need to figure out the exact belt to run the htd325’s didn’t fit. Bought some htd375’s hope they workout.

Where does everyone get this belts from? I found one site with a slew of 5m belts but their shipping is always $25 no matter how many you buy!

Deck pics:

3 Likes

Looks good, get risers :grinning:

1 Like

More updates and some questions:

Got motors mocked up:

To do so I needed to put 5 speed washers on the inside of each of the rear truck. So the question is, am I going to die because of that? I needed to for clearance reasons, the motors would touch if I didn’t. Pics of effects of 5 washers on the inside:

Is that nut on there enough or are my wheels gunna fly off?

pics of wheel pulley to motor mount clearance:

Also I got 1/2” rubber risers:

All my tight clearance woes could be fixed with thinner mounts or wider trucks. I’d prefer wider trucks but the only trucks I could find wider than my 10” caliber II’s were those wide ass trampa trucks but I don’t think they’d work out for this as I think they work best with the trampa upturned front and rear mounting points.

So to recap I’m hoping everyone could give me feedback on if I’m dumb for the 5 speed washer thing. If so what motor mounts or trucks should I get to fix it? Also where do you guys buy motor keys? The maytech motors didn’t come with any…

Other notes: I’ve got the Samsung cells, mini controller, and dual focbox mount. The focboxs are currently in transit, as are some longer belts to go with the idler set up.

Need to buy: BMS, charger, fuses, motor keys, power button and battery indicator.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like the threads are making it to the nylon inside the nut. If not then that will come off with vibrations, either get slim nylon lock nuts or flip that nut around so it goes through the nylon first.

1 Like

I still have one speed washer between the nut and bearing on the outside of the wheel. I 100% need that right? If it went straight bearing to nut that’d get me more treads but probably not the best for the life of the bearing.

Do you have bearing spacers?

Between the two bearings inside the wheel yes.

Good, I’d say the speed rings on the outside are not needed.

Nice I’ll pull those suckers off then.

Any other thoughts about clearance? Is it stupidly close? Should I just get different mounts?

Those are all really tight tolerances, well done with that. I’d ride it around for a bit to see what happens. Honestly, I think you’re good to go as long as the axle is getting into the nylon.

1 Like

Focbox’s from longhairedboy came in:

Also got some slimmer nuts:

Need to get an adapter to connect the motor to the focboxs and a canbus connector.

4 Likes

just a quick question, those motors are super tight, are the mounts custom? And if so can you counter sink the motor into the mount similar to the evolve mounts to give you a bit more room. unless you are supper tight all way around and have 0 flex on your mounts they are bound to hit… excellent build I really like the deck

They aren’t custom just some eBay specials, they’re pretty thick so I’m gunna try and run emm as is and hopefully there’s no flex. If it becomes an issue though I’ll probably just try and have them milled down, or just buy wider trucks lol

Thanks for the compliment to man, should be a beast compared to my boosted dual+ w/97mm’s