Project LACR | Globe The Maiden Deck | Enertion Single Drive Propulsion | Turnigy SK3 6364 190 KV | VESC 4.10 / Turnigy Sentilon 100A | 24V 10AH Zippy Flightmax Lipo Packs

Yeah you had to twist my arm pretty hard to repair that VESC you sent me :wink: From now on I only repair what was built in my shop. That VESC didn’t want to come back from the dead!

Edit: I spoke too soon. The vesc is testing bad again. Did more testing before wrapping up your order. I can’t put anymore time into this unit. This exactly why I do not repair other manufactures VESC’s anymore. I’ll send it back with your order. The PCB is most likely bad or defective.

@chaka Hi no problem. I have another VESC already ordered, hopefully you send it to me soon. I have alot of things to build and test for my upgraded build. Ohh also within my mail, I’ve requested to you to send it to a different address in Groningen please have that noted.

For the next upgraded build, I have decided to fine tune my lipo battery construction. I have them opened from their shrink wrap, have them cleaned and cable trimmed. This is how it looks like now!

1 Like

You will get the tracking update later today when I finish packing orders. Great job reworking that lipo pack. Very clean work! Be careful with those voltage alarms. They drain cell # 1 and 2 really quickly. It is better to use a simple voltage display and power it with 5v from either the VESC or an sbec/ubec buck converter. The specs say you can supply them with up to 30v but it could get hot powering the display with that much voltage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Mini-DC-0-100V-Red-LED-3-Digital-Display-Voltage-Voltmeter-Panel-Motor-/381374425176?hash=item58cbafe858:g:dtcAAOSwo8hTmvxX

@chaka great, I will be waiting for it. Please send the same versions of VESC so I could easily swap them for dual VESC build as well as for testing and debugging makes my life easier :smiley: . Don’t worry I don’t have them always installed within the board, I only use voltage checker when I am stopping.

Hi @laurnts Awesome build, i’m gonna build one myself. One question: can u show me how to charge ur battery ?, i’m really new to this. Don’t you need a BMS? I read around and many people mentioned the BMS. or that turnigy balancer acts like BMS in this case?

Hi thank you. There is a difference between balance charger and bms, however they does the same job more or less. The balancer charger is balancing cells but its located outside your board while bms mostly would be located inside your board.

Normally people use BMS for 18650 cells while people with lipo use balance charger. Some balance charger requires a power supply as well depending in the model.

BMS can also be used for lipo, while balance charger can also be used for 18650 cells.

My balance charger is Turnigy Accuceil and I use laptop power supply. If you havent got a charger yet and your thinking of using lipo, go for IMAX B6 it has power supply already.

Well the simplest explanation would be one is inside your board integrated with the batteries, one is outise your board independently charging your battery. You need only either one of them.

@kyo The regular IMAX B6 doesn’t come with a power supply, but the IMAX B6AC V2 does. Mine came with a european style cable though, so I had to find a US cable.

what kind of pc power supply? like what amp out put and what voltage? I also have an accucell charger and im looking for a portable charging method

Just universal laptop psu unit. Voltage from 15v to 24v 4A output.

Hows the charging time on that? Im assuming you charge at 4amps?

Approximately 1 - 2 hours on 3.6A - 4A depending on how much remains of the packs. However Accuceil balance charging are quite slow on 6S charging, they are maxed at 3.5A. I have a larger PSU now 12v 30A so I am also looking forward for faster balance charger or BMS.

Soon I’ll be updating my build with new enclosure, new psu, new fuse, power converter, new wheels and all new things for V3. It’s almost ready!

2 Likes

@laurnts thanks for the info. U were right that im gonna use lipo, multistar 6s 10Ah, cuft it open and make it flat( leanrt from another member) one more question: what ab battery gause to show percentage? Can it be used with out bms?

I dont quite understand the question here. What is ab battery gause?

If I understand you correctly I don’t use voltage meter plugged in all the time to show battery capacity. I dont use percentage display but more what is the voltage per cell. Its not that handy but I dont need it that often to check on voltage. I am expecting / waiting for some new BMS to be developed. I have no bms within my build, they are quite expensive!

Hey ik ben joep en ik be van plan deze zomervakantie te beginnen aan bouw van een board heb je nog tips?

Hi @Joep I will reply in english as the languages here are in english. To keep everybody Happy!.

First I am not sure if you would be able to do it within this summer time as mostly parts are coming all over the place takes time to arrive. If you are first time builder, mistakes and reordering are unavoidable. My suggestion is simple. Read read and read. Ask as many people as you can, just PM them. If you have any doubts, get it out. There should be more than enough information to get a simple belt driven build or a hub motor build to get started with. You should be good to go.

1 Like

Hi laurnts, can you add a schematics in how you connected the batteries and rest of the electrics. I would highly appreciated .

I couldnt draw very fast, however the connections I am using is very standard. Just 2 lipo being soldered together in series (the main cables) and then using twin charging connector from hobbyking to create series 6s connections on the balance plug. Very simple, I only repackaged this. You should be very careful when soldering the lipo in series and connecting the twin charging harness as it could short out the lipo if its not being done properly.

I have to climb hills ; 6s is good enough to me or i should go for 10s

Always go for higher voltage if you can afford it

do you have suggestion for battery