Problem with vesc (spark)

I cleaned it and there is nothing wrong with it…

Is there a test if it is still alive without lipo?

You could use a 12V power supply.

I’d recommend d re-soldering your red cable to your vesc’s main board, that join is really bad! 3rd to last picture

Post a pick of the connectors so we can see if the are reversed

Man, this looks really bad… you should try to stick with black for negative and red for positive… I can’t even tell IF you have something reversed on that harness because of the color mess.

Who produced this VESC? No offense, but those joints are all really bad looking IMO… High heat, thick lead solder, and less than 2 seconds to touch and you should have beautiful joint. This looks like the soldering I did when I didn’t know how to solder correctly.

You can clearly see that the wire wasn’t even tinned lol

That’s the first time I see such a solder joint on one of our VESCs.

Strange thing, but please PM me and we get that joint right and check, if it was causing that spark, which I doubt, since the battery looks a little bit strange too.

it isnt from you @elkick sorry for the missunderstanding… I just thought you would know the problem… Idk where i bought it from im gonna research it.

connected to the powersuply with 12 volts didnt pull any amps … maybe the capacitors are dead but i got nothin to measure.

I think I am not going to resolder the joints myself but maybe ask somebody with more expreience to do it for me since I dont want to mess it up.

If you have a multimeter you can also check the can traceiver

Or if your looking for repair maybe I can help you

problem is that i cant find my multimeter :frowning:

Well, that kind of an important device :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i guess im just gonna buy a new one… never gonna find you again my friend RIP MULTIMETER 1900-2016 :smile:

That a long life 1900… more than time to change it.

1 Like

XD true story

I found it!!!

Soooo im gonna start messuring