Pre-order: The Rocket Deck: Dual hollow channel longboard reverse mounted drop through deck!

I am aiming for late February, early March. The samples are in route to my house as of Monday, as they told 2 weeks ago, which is always a good sign! Just need to confirm everything, measure out the changes, and apply them to the first batch. The absolute changes are likely 82mm x 650mm per pocket instead of 70mm x 558mm. Still 22mm deep. And I’ll see if the edges can be rounded but theres no promise there, since it’s quite a bit of work. Before the end of the month, the order will be shipped! The more support I get from the community, the quicker I will be able to put the order in. So if you know anyone who might be interested :wink:

To my customers, Thank you for supporting me and this project!

4 Likes

what decks that bro its beeeeautiful

1 Like

http://www.mantis-longboardshop.de/Downhill-Freeride-Deck-Only/Bombsquad-Pocket-Ace-Deck::349.html

2 Likes

Thats naaaaaaaaaice!

1 Like

Got the first samples on Friday. Decks look great. Quality is great. Will be posting pictures later today so check back for more!

5 Likes

Finally had a chnace to take some nice photos. Just some background on these photos:

• The lid in these pictures is not screwed down. So that’s why theirs some misalignment/gap issues in some the pictures. Once screwed in place, it will have no gap or alignment issues.

• The final cutout of each pocket will be 85mm wide instead of 70mm wide here. It will also be longer.

• The first image is a comparison of thickness vs a quarter. About 5 layers thicker than a quarter with the lid, so you can properly visualize the thickness.

Now Enjoy!

14 Likes

Your home made was with rocker and this is not right?

Just an idea…

If you bevel the edges with a deep S bevel the board won’t look so thick from the side. You may have to rearrange the width of you cutouts.

Thank you for your input!

I’ve been in talks with them about getting the edge thinner looking.

Theres 2 problems: the pockets and the screw inserts.

The curve can’t start until after the pocket, since it needs 3 layers for strength as a base.

Also, curves can’t be too deep near the screw inserts. To get rid of the gaps between the lid and board like I experience on my homemade deck, we moved the screw inserts near the edge of the deck to get a nice sealed edge. This makes it impossible to round though. If we move the inserts in towards the pockets, then it’s harder to close the gap.

I will work on it to see what can be done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait I’m confused. Is the preorder going to be 82x650 or 70x558?

I was going to wait for the production run with the larger cavities. But if the preorder batch is now 82x650 I’m inclined to place an order now.

Sorry for the confusion. I have 2 decks right now. Both are samples with the 70x558 pocket.

The preorder is the first production run. These preorders will help me get to the bulk order size I need to do a production batch. And for the preorder, they will have a 85x650 (not the 82x650 I was planning on) just to give a little extra space in case you need it.

All boards that will be shipped, preorder or after, will have the dual 85x650mm pockets :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Might want to edit 1st post?

2 Likes

Good point, thank you for pointing that out. Totally missed that!

I was gonna “in”, but youch $37 shipping. I need a moment to digest before clicking through lol

Shipping is real time quotes based on real time shipping costs. For most so far, it has not been that much. If you bought a pair of hummie motors, you can select local pickup, leave a message, and we’ll send it with your motors, which should be ready at about the same time :wink: easy way to lower shipping costs :wink:

That implies there’s enough for new junkies customers?

$37 seems reasonable for something that chunky, but got spoiled by Muir. Hey got one of @Hummie’s decks, do you think they can be shipped together?

And I want the motors, but I have to take another few breaths. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They can be if you are ok waiting. John has his decks In hand right now, as they were shipped with my samples. Shipping things together is far cheaper than shipping separately.

Looks beautiful, how do you normally route the wires? Through the truck baseplate backside ou dou you drill the baseplate?

In the past, I left a little gap between the bottom of the base plate and where the deck starts again. Still debating whether to do that or just leave it as it is now, which would require you to drill through the base plate.

why not bore the screws in slanted? It´s a bit more work of course, but that will allow you to take more material from the sides to give a slimmer deckshape.