POLL turned to possible group buy - Which ABEC 11 Wheels would you buy? Gauging Group Buy MOQ! Please fill out form in 1st post!

So the poles are showing that 107 mm and 97 mm are the most desired as well as 74 A and 75 A shore hardness.

Color and graphics will probably be tweaked to our taste (to some extent of course) if desired (i’m fine with wacky retro green).

I’m gonna let the poll run a bit longer to get the feel of community? What do you guys think is the best course of action?

1 Like

I think we should try to organize a group buy. Retro green, 107mm and 74A seems like a really good set to have. I would be in for two pairs.

1 Like

Crap! I just bought a set of evolve 107’s today. Well let me know if you guys do a group buy

Yes i see your point. 75 sets does’t amount to much in terms of investment for a medium sized company. So why aren’t more people placing orders like Evolve did? This is a very good question!

I believe this type of product still remains a niche product. The DIY community doesn’t mind dropping 100$ + on a set of wheels. But how do you educate the general public to buy your wheel instead of the 25$ clones on ebay?

Id recommend the green for whatever group buy option we choose. Thats Chris’s original foumla with all the RD. All the other colors are slight tweaks and from what Ive seen and heard chunk easier. Ive seen and heard of many more chunked, pink, red and black wheels than I have Green.

3 Likes

I think one of us will have to do that. For evolve it makes sense to buy in large sets not so much for us or any other regular skateboarding company. I think our best bet is to include resellers like @longhairedboy and @psychotiller maybe they can get 5-10 sets each and the rest of us putting in our orders to do a massive groupbuy to reach 75 sets. Evolve is just milking those 107’s for 160 right now.

2 Likes

What would be the pricing for 75 sets of the original 107’s or 125 sets of the 97’s?

My preference is the 107’s as… I like big wheels and I cannot lie.

1 Like

That’s really not a fair statement where abec is concerned! Chris has been making Flywheels long before most of you knew what a longboard was…

I sense the frustration. But take a second and breathe. He was riding electric boards before all of you as well.

He was also here on the forum to promote the use of quality components rather than chinese knockoff shit. He was quickly muted even though everything he said was going to happen DID. But who is this community of cheap asses really in support of?

What’s happening now is a prime example of what happens when you don’t support local companies.

Sorry for the rant, but this is the 5th shitty comment I’ve seen concerning Abec11 today and it’s too close to home.

10 Likes

I can make a form when I home to capture interest rather than using the poll system here.

I’ll then handover owner rights to @Ronny_CTS

MOQ of 75 sets should be attainable no problem.

@ChrisChaput is that moq for one size, or can we cobble together a collection of sizes to get to 75 sets?

1 Like

One size. He explained it above

2 Likes

I think we should wait until ABEC11 ships all their current orders, like for example, to sk8kings and to esk8 manufacturers, and THEN, AFTER THAT, we should definitely group buy. But only after they ship something, damnit so we know they haven’t turned into a scam operation.

1 Like

…that is the 74a Reflex urethane.

…shitty already dude :poop:

I know i’m not allowed by the forum to do group buys (haven’t reached that level of evolution), nevertheless i’m willing to help in anyway possible to make this happen.

1 Like

I think this poll is great, the group buy… great idea, but @Ronny_CTS are you a level three member? somebody else might need to manage the group buy as per forum rules. Not to alienate Ronny but to keep it all tip top, mickey mouse…

i’ll grab a set… don’t even need em, but i’ll support the big “C” I’d be in for 107’s, classic formula 75a, green on black hubs!

2 Likes

good point, he can’t run a group buy yet.

i’d be happy to handle the financial aspect of this group buy, if it happens, but @Ronny_CTS can help facilitate.

1 Like

@Cobber and @thisguyhere I’me well aware of my noob limitations…hehe…

However, hopefully i can make up for it with my will to help. If i can give a hand with with other aspects such as tracking orders with user names and quantities, filling out forms, you can count on me.

I’ll help in anyway possible. :grinning:

where do you live bro? maybe see if you can find a level three who lives near you who is willing to help.

I have a pair of V4 Xl’s coming in. I have to get me some of that 107 sweetness.

This thread has now been updated. Please view 1st post to fill out group buy gauging form!