Penny Long / duel diag. 190kv 6364 motors / Psycho 60 mount / 10s / VESC / gt2b

sells wheel pulleys that will fit Caliber trucks without any modification.

Come on man, youre being irrational. This is exactly the same situation with enertions pulley where the pulley has a bearing and requires the addition space to be made on the axle. It broke exactly where it begins to be just slightly weaker than the forces applied against it.

You can’t compare to a truck with a manufacturing defect…

Hey guys. sorry it has been awhile, I’ve been busy with school. I’ve been shopping for parts and stuff though. I ended up changing some components to save cash.

I got two sk3 6364 190kv from hk, and two psychotiller mounts. Im not sure if I should go back and edit the original post to reflect the changes.

Apparently, for the psycho mounts, I need a 255 mm belt (slightly smaller than enertions). Could somebody please tell me if this is the belt I need? I’m not sure if the teeth are the right shape

Im planning on using the enertion pulley’s with it, 15/36.

HTD is the tooth profile, so yea that’s the one

Feeling pretty confident about the build now, and I’m really excited. I kind of wish a would have bought the vesc’s first so I didn’t have to wait as long for it to ship. Jason’s stock post estimates shipping at around mid-July, and I guess I can live with that :slight_smile:

Now the biggest dilemma I have is where to put each motor. I’m thinking heel side for rear motor and toe side for front motor.

The penny deck has the channel on the bottom, and my batteries fit well there. I can’t wait to post some pics of the finished build. Thanks for all the help guys.

Im pretty sure this time he’s for real about shipping dates, however you may be in a later batch and could have a huge line ahead of you. Chaka vescs from ollin boards is always an option, about a 3 week period from order to arrival at your door, plus its hand made and supposedly way over engineered in a good way.

1 Like

Plus excellent costumer service/warranty, theres a lot of happy and loyal customers in this forum from what i read

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve been hearing good things about chaka’s vesc. I’m working this build into a bit of a tight budget and the extra $60 I would have to pay to get two ollinboard vescs are too much. I also figure it saves me a bit on enertion shipping because I also got the pulleys from there. I’m gonna have to stick with the enertion vescs. My order # is in the 4300’s, and it may very well take some time to recieve my order. I am hopeful, and I dont really need my eboard until august. I’m gonna try to wait it out, but thanks for the tip. I think I’ll use that vesc for my second build, assuming this one goes well :sweat_smile:.

I got my VESCs yesterday, and have been spending today soldering everything.

However, I can’t get motor detection to work.I have looked at a lot of posts on the forum. I don’t have a lab power supply, so I tried to use one of my 5s lipos for motor detection. Is it not working because of the lipo?

I keep getting “bad detection result recieved”. I have left most of the values default, and no fault codes have occurred. When I run the detection the motor spins up and then does a slow spin, just like in the videos I’ve seen. The only difference is that I feel the initial spin lasts longer than in the videos.

I’d really appreciate any help.

Total and utter bullsh*t. I know this topic is like a month old but for future readers, here’s a pic of the amount of material that needs to be removed.

I really just want to esk8, any ideas?

That’s not what we were talking about,

try different combinations for the phase wires. I got bad detection until I switched them around. You can also up the low duty a little bit (go up by .01) or amperage to see if it’ll spin up.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help.

Unfortanately motor detection still did not work. I tried all sorts of phase wire combos on both, and tested both VESCs. I also tried changing the low duty.

How about upping the amperage? They might need more current to get them going.

Try upping the below values gradually until you hit the max:

Current: 6A max Min RPM: 1200 max Low duty: .1 max

Also, Vedder’s motor detection vid might help

I got it!

I tried fiddling with the values, and still didn’t work. After watching the video like 10 more times I decided to try reflashing the firmware, and it finally worked.

I think that what went wrong for me is the fact that I had changed the battery info from default. I think that running the motor detection out of the box would have prevented the failed motor detections.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

So I think something went wrong with the VESCs :frowning:

I couldn’t locate the grub screws for the motor pullys, so I tested the board without them and it worked fine. I decided to put the board on the floor and it moved forward okay without the grub screw, so I gave it more throttle and the motor pully started slipping. I then stopped the board and gave it a bit of throttle, but only one motor was spinning.

I checked the VESCs with the BLDC tool, the main one did not show the indicator light at all when plugged into power, but the receiver for my remote still powered on. I then checked the other VESC (slave), and it powered on and connected, but soon after it disconnects. I can view realtime data for the time it is connected, but I don’t see any fault codes even when spinning the motor with my arrow key.

I have just sent an email to enertion support. I’m hoping its covered through the warranty, but I’ve never been lucky enough for things to be covered. Does anybody have any suggestions? I’m not sure how to get them repaired, and I don’t have nearly enough confidence in my ability to do it myself.

In case anybody is following along. I heard back from enertion support. I’m pretty sure Jacobbly responded to me because the response was from Jacob. I thought that was cool. He advised me to send the VESCs back to Texas, and they are currently in route. I can’t say for sure because I didn’t notice it, but I think they may have had the problem Jason posted about today. Hopefully I’ll get an update soon as to what went wrong and then post the info here.