P.O.S Powerboard Penny - Upgrade

lookin good man!!

that prop adapter definitely did the trick

I had to steal it back from my kid… I let the kids play with them

1 Like

Holy Crap I’ve been slacking

ITS ALIVE!!!

Ok well the prop adapter didn’t work due to spacing…

So, picked up a piece of galvanized steel and made a mount!

I’ve got to do the wiring and missing freaking washers!!! Ugh! Now I gotta go to the store…

But I’ll try wire it up tonight and get an enclosure happening … But we will see!

2 Likes

Yeah! nice. this thing will have blood on it in no time!

Oh shit…hope it not my own lol

I’m thinking this may not be a bright idea

28inches

8inches

14inches between trucks

I’ve come back from Home Depot and have attached the 83mm wheels…

I took a glide with the wheels on…(I didn’t try it before)…the stance is feet over wheels…I’ll need to put a foot stop in the back so I don’t bust my ass because I placed my rear foot too far back…

Well, it’s a penny board…I’m going 6s @270kv 14/36 on 83mm wheels

… I’m gonna need more band aids :face_with_head_bandage: Or take it down to 4s lol

In keeping with the budget nature of this build… I’ll recycle this box and re-purpose it as the enclosure…Ill need to reenforce the box, but its the perfect size to cram in a 6s battery and all the electronics

looks decent so far, but I do have a couple of friendly suggestions that I think would be cool

1. I’m assuming that your reasoning for a “Penny” board is to make it more portable right? If so, depending on the thickness of the deck, why not drill into it a bit? You could then take apart the cells in your battery, spread them out, and fully enclose them and a VESC inside the deck

2. Voltage meter through the deck

3. carbon fiber renforcement layer (it would help with the battery modification and it would look epic at the same time)

1 Like

Wow you really want me to put some effort in my $15 dollar score off eBay?

Lol…thank you bud… For sure I could… But this is just a fun project… At some point I’ll need to switch it out to a bigger deck … It’s just too dangerous to ride this deck…a novice would street their face first time around the block lol…

The original board was made by Exkate…the trucks are those ones with a big black ball as a bushing…I’ve tried to tighten them to provide some stability…only a longer board will help…the Orginal design only allowed this to have a 8mph give or take…

I’m a bit worried that anything above 12mph will cause this board to have the case of the wiggles …

Why don’t you drill out some new holes toward the front and rear to lengthen the wheelbase? And use some wedges to fix the mounting angle at the kicktail.

1 Like

There a crazy kick tail stop in the way… Never seen one before

I’ll probably ride it around for a little, but I really wouldn’t want anyone else to get on it for fear of them getting hurt… It’s pretty wobbly …

I was thinking that a longer deck to match the width of the wheels will provide a better platform for these types of trucks…and I was thinking of making my own deck out of a solid piece of wood…this way I can route the board to place the electronics inside … So many voices in my head telling me to do different things…I feel like Sybil!

Well, if I were in Vegas, and also named Michael, I’d remove the tail skid, drill out new mounting holes as far out to the ends of the deck as I could, then swap the front/rear trucks, and see how it rides with the front truck mounted at an angle on the kicknose. My guess is that it would be super carvy, and you’d max out the longest possible wheelbase on that deck, making it slightly less likely to kill you. Or maybe more likely? Either way, kind of like this:

2 Likes

Lol …

The peer pressure lol

I need to finish screwing with this before Sunday …

I have a 55 inch longboard to make electric with fancy lighting​:zap::wink: And need that done by Thursday

The pressure!

I’m just so tempted to slap on this Sk 149kv with @torqueboards esc @ 12s

:smiling_imp::japanese_ogre::japanese_goblin::skull:

@Michaelinvegas It wouldn’t make you any less of a man if you didn’t. I don’t care what anyone else says. :laughing: It’s not the size of the motor that counts, it’s how you ride it, and for how long. :no_pedestrians:

Lol u need to have ur head checked :face_with_head_bandage:

Lol. Probably. But seriously though, imo, I think that 12s + sk3 would be crazy overkill, and totally unnecessary. I took my 20+ year old Santa Cruz, extended the wheelbase to 18", and even on 6s, it was borderline sketchy accelerating or braking too fast, and getting close to 20mph was slightly unnerving. I say get that thing running as a low key mini cruiser, and go nuts on that 55" beast. Now you got me thinking about putting my short board back together again.

Frankly… I have no clue why I’m doing this build lol

I think you should go with the bigger motor. but maybe not up the voltage, that way you may not end up with less un broken bones and more crushed spirits…