Opinions on Trampa stickies?

ok, i rode the trampa 90mm 76A stickies for about 20km now. through the night on finally dry roads … and Im super stocked about them: they are super silent, super soft and smooth and about as grippy as my abec11 90mm 75A. could let the rear break out on hard carving turns just like on my abecs, but it happened in a smoother softer way and not with a sudden loud fart sound when the urethane slipped on the road.

they ride better than my 90mm 75A abecs right now - might be the breaking in phase though, not sure how theyll perform after a few hundret kilometers.

its very hard to believe that this is supposed to be the same urethane thats used on the 83mm stickies which Ive been riding for a few months. @trampa did you change anything on the urethane mixture? new manufacturer maybe? the 83mm 76A stickies are really quite hard, loud and somehow a little more grippy.

big thumbs up for the 90mm stickies - its my new favourite wheel! :heart_eyes:

83 next to 90mm. you can already see that the surface is more rough on the 83s and looks sonehow softer and smoother on the 90s. breaking in? maybe! they ride exactly how they look

4 Likes

Shit happens, just wanted to order from esk8.de but today they changed the price to € 99,-- plus € 17,-- for shipping to me. In the moment I say “No thank you!” I wonder if the new price is related with my previous post? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ran the wheels for another 50km, think they actually grip better than my flywheels while being softer and smoother at everything they do. tar is still pretty cold and there is a lot of dust/salt on the roads too - think theyll just grip better towards spring/summer than now. its fantastic, Im in love! :slight_smile:

Hi, as always, we make the good Things even better. The urethane of the new wheels is of insane quality, which unfortunately ads to the price. We think ist worth every penny. The rebound is set to: No chance to improve any further.

We would like to offer them cheaper but we can’t. Quality to price is very well balanced already.

Frank

Any plan to sell larger wheels like 97mm in the foreseeable future?

1 Like

125mm urethane tires for Hypa and Superstar hubs. That should be enough options.

Frank

I’m aware of the 125mm urethane wheels, but as you told me in messages, the hub is too wide for the caliber II axles.

Happy enough with my ABEC 97’s, just wanted to know if you have any inkling of marketing larger long board wheels in the near future is all.

Even if they would fit the caliber 2, the truck really wants to be wider. Wheelbite… 90mm is really the max at this stage. I personally think they are a very good balance. Truth is: If a 90mm is to small, the 97 is probably not performing any better but just ads weight. So we will offer the 90mm for the now. I personally love my 76a 83mm Stickies.

Frank

Its actually for the extra speed. You get a decent speed bump from the 90mm to 97mm. It lets you get past the 25mph barrier on the Evolve GTs. You’ll have a solid market if you contact Evolve as they don’t have any special partnership with Abec.

Is there any difference in re the wheel cores versus abec11 flywheels? Would an enertion insert fit for instance?

If you mean the wheel pulley from enertion then yes. I have those and have used them on my trampa stickies.

1 Like

we had great weather in germany and I probably got 150-200km on the 90mm 76A stickies by now. streets are still somewhat dirty with sand/small stones from winter, but cleaning teams are on their way and partially I had great roads ahead of me already.

changed my opinion on the grip level - by now I think the 90mm stickies got a little less grip than my 90mm 75A flywheels and quite a bit less grip than my 76A 83mm stickies. weird enough its the reason why i preferred flywheels over 83mm stickies: the exitement of a rear thats constantly breaking loose is pretty sweet. :stuck_out_tongue:

@trampa Im not sure how these things fit together - most silent and most comfortable wheel vs. probably least grip of my wheels? :thinking:

@whitepony, remeber they are fresh! Urethane changes its character over a period of time. Also the shore hardness varies by x % from batch to batch. You could pick another set of xyz wheels and may get another result if its from a different batch or simply older/newer. If I get you right you prefer super silent and comfortable wheels with little grip. The softer, the more rebound, the more silent, the more comfortable, the more grip. When I get you right, our wheels perform better than the competition due to less grip? I don’t get the point 100%

Some like the grip to carve harder, others like to slide. I prefer the grip in order to accelerate from corners.

Frank

question i got is: how can the wheels be the most comfortable and the most silent and at the same time actually have the least grip of my wheels? cause thats how it is right now!

of course i dont really prefer little grip, but its exiting nevertheless. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is all that dirt around at this time of the year (sand and stones and salt). All that sticks to the surface of the wheel and makes it less grippy I guess. Maybe our wheels are a bit softer and catch more of the gunk. Maybe the other brands wheels are older, harder, softer whatever. You will have to wait for better road conditions to really compare stuff. The road surface is also pretty cold these days. Horses for courses…

Frank

Is the Stickies Hub the same as the Abec11 Flywheel, will Flywheel pulleys fit on Stickies ??

The core is different on my stickies, than on my ElectricFlywheels. But i assume E-flys use same core as other abec11’s. The spokes on stickies are thicker. Can’t tell you if pulleys fit cause i have none;)

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Evolve 32t pulley would fit the 90mm Trampa stickies hub? @trampa

The spokes are thicker - they’re the same as flywheel clones which are also thicker. Works with enertion pulleys.

3 Likes

already with the 83mm stickies I complained about the strong deformation of the core/bearing seat after I installed the trampa pulley. now, after just about 500km, the core of my new 90mm stickies broke in 2 places, even though I used the trampa pulley without any pressure of the 6 screws.

as far as I know @Nowind had a similar problem with 83mm stickies. maybe the core is not strong enough of these wheels - an abec flywheel core feels a LOT more solid and surely is a different material. had 2 sets of flywheels with more than 5000km on the clock and a really tight pulley without any problems. you can feel the core very well when you remove bearings with some wiggle motions - kegels are supertight and wont let go of bearings, flywheels are also clinging to bearings - but not as much as kegels. for stickies they come out very easily and you can feel the core deforming without much resistance when you try to get them out.

@trampa hoping for a replacement wheel and, unless this is just a material issue in only my wheel, I feel like something should be changed when it comes to the core of the wheel. Im not a very aggressive rider, I would say I put VERY low load on belts and wheel pulleys (Im also running really loose belts to get the max range) - the only load I put on wheels is from hard carving at constant speed. I specifically set up your pulley following your instructions, I use precision bearing spacers with bones swiss 6 bearings and I tighten down wheel nuts in a reasonable fashion: handtight, then opening a quarter turn … just enough so that you can see the bearing spin absolutely free.

I can send in the wheel with pulley if you like to examine it firsthand.

switched to my beaten up backup kegels now :stuck_out_tongue: @esk8 precision pulley - its really the best seated pulley I know! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes