Ollin FreeRides available for pre-order

To my knowledge it’s going to be a modified GT2B and will look like this:

Check reddit and here, carbon GT is a great board but it seems to have having a lot of issues and there remote is really fiddly. I would still pick the GT if I wanted an AT board. But since I don’t need that, it’s quite obvious that ollin is the way to go.

It would destroy the GT on performance and range. I prefer the looks, and the remote, so no brainer for me.

1 Like

Still waiting patiently… delay in steel motor pulley. Thus far it’s been a week about since original promised delivery date. I hope the delays stay to weeks, I can handle those. But when it turns into months…that’s NOT cool. Hoping for a delivery in early December.

1 Like

Just ordered one! Specs and design look fucking awesome. No idea when I’ll get it (website said mid December but not sure if that’s been recently updated)

How did you guys get your trucks set up? Is there a standard number? I want stability at high speed and was thinking of requesting 45 degree base

1 Like

Nice man.

Not even sure what they come with. I do know the baseplates are relatively inexpensive for the liquid trucks (15-25$).

Hey Fred. I have not gotten my board yet so I would assume yours will be after december since mine was supposed to be mid november.

Regarding the truck set up, usually 50 degrees is standard on normal skateboards. Generally this means more turning and less stability at higher speeds than say a 45 degree angle. For downhill they prefer having lower baseplate angles for more stability. However I believe for e-boards you might usually need a higher degree to give room for components like motor mounts, although since ollin’s deck has integrated components that may not matter much. You also have to keep wheel bite into baseplate angle consideration, but if there are cut outs on the deck then this isn’t much of an issue.

I would not worry about baseplate angle that much, did he ask you for it? If not leave it at whatever is standard that he ships it with. To adjust stability for high speeds you can adjust the king pin on your trucks also. The tighter the trucks the more stable (but less maneuverability). But I also think tightening the trucks too much is dangerous.

My best advice would be to tighten them slightly, but keep the trucks loose enough where you are able to make all the turns you need to. Go only as fast as you feel stable at, keep that as your stop speed. As you become more comfortable/develop balance you will be able to go at faster speeds without your trucks being tight.

This board will be a beast! 28mph is very fast on a board, but remember you are in full control of how fast you go. Pad/helmet up, and hope you are able to enjoy safely.

Awesome info, thanks dude! Yes I will be armored to the balls for sure. TSG pass, armored hoody, motorcycle pants, gshok knee protectors, slide gloves under wrist guards. Added up it sure do cost a lot but I’m not going to fuck around at 28mph!!! I can barely run out a metroboard crash right now at 20. Assume at 28mph you just fly off into the ditch haha

Are they really giving free rides?

Yep, get your “freeride” for $1900… before prices go up.

What do you mean by free ride?

The name of the board :wink:

1 Like

Free rides means you don’t have to give money. (Just joking) :smiley:

Any news on delivery of the Freeride? @chaka

His instagram shows a picture of an almost completed board and says the hatch is the final step before shipping it out. it looks really great and I can not wait to get one (but, I have to wait of course, but still you know what I mean)

check out the top hatch operation!!

The power button is under there?

https://www.instagram.com/ollinboardco/

2 Likes

Just wanted to give this thread a bump. The first of these boards was already shipped to @guyguy

Pretty sure he will be posting photos/videos and his thoughts. Hoping mine is just around the corner.

3 Likes

What number are you? @Photorph

I was told 4 last. But I may be 3 because I think one person cancelled. I ordered Aug 30th.

I’m 8, and now that it is getting down to the finish line I’m getting antsy. It feels like production has stalled. It could be my skewed perception but the two month delay is real.

13 Likes