Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Iā€™ve dropped my TSG Pass twice now onto concrete from about 2 feet or so, once onto the visor, and once on the side with a small chip in the paint to where you can see the hard outer layer. I would think itā€™s still fine after that but a few weeks ago I face planted onto the chin and split my chin open on the rim of it. The helmet itself isnā€™t scratched too bad but is it still good or time to replace? I think after falling with a head inside it might be done even though I hit the chin. Thanks!

Limiting top speed (of Meepo/esc board)?!?

Hi all! I am a total noob with esk8s I decided to start my learning curve with a Meepo board. Due to the national legislation, the board should not be able to go over 25 kmh. I would like to modify the board to make it street legal and therefore I as an unconventional question: Is it possible to make the board go slower? Should I limit the voltage that goes to motors or modify some other parts of the board? Or is this even doable with a board that has a ESC?

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

I would probably get a new one as that is a face first slam.

1 Like

i donā€™t think so since it is a hub motor. If it was belt driven you could change a little bit more.

So hereā€™s a question.

I got some wireless headphones last week, and yesterday I head out to to a bit of skating w/ one earbud in, and I noticed I was having problems w/ both my music cutting out, and my motors cutting out. Just tiny little blips, took me a second to be sure it was happening.

Is thisā€¦ very typical?

This is the first Iā€™ve had any problems with my remote cutting out at all, and Iā€™ve got quite a few miles on this thing.

you canĀ“t modify the esc which comes with the board, so there is no way to do it, unless you get a vesc, which is programmable.

Which remote are you using? Wifi or Bluetooth headphones?

1 Like

I am with @TarzanHBK could be some emf interference. I knew one guy who had a metal detector and he had to leave his smart phone in his car because he was getting interference on the detector from it.

Its I think a proprietary remote from a chinese prebuilt connecting to the generic meepo esc.

Headphones are bluetooth.

If i use 800kv motor then lock itā€™s rotation to 200kv programmatically then will the torque of my skateboard get increased?

There should be a slow, fast, and fastest mode on your controller. Just make something to permanently block the controller from going to fastest mode. In case the police questions you, show them you made that permanent fix on your controller.

1 Like

You cant set the torque of a motor electronically there a program.

If both are Bluetooth there might be some interferences between them

I figured it was interference.

What Iā€™m less sure of how acceptable it is or not. Is it a reasonable thing to expect your remote not to interfere with other wireless things you bring with you, or is it more reasonable to just expect people to leave their wireless accessories off.

Edit: Iā€™ll be doing a review on this board, thats why Iā€™m asking.

Guys what is your opinion about the hobbyking motormount??

Is it strong enought etc.?

That is why we prefer 2.4 ghz remotes. They show barely interferences and are most reliable connections out there atm

Hi! Very new here :slight_smile: glad to be part of this colective I recently built my electric longboard, this is unfortunate because i feel I dont need a girlfriend now, as I spend tones of time in itā€¦

As a first question in the forum, I have a problem with the antispark plug wich I could not find the answer in the other posts: it sparks anyway! is this normal?

some info prio to the spark:

• this is a 12S 1VESC -motor longboard , postive cable going to VESC has the antispark female in the middle, and close the circuit a male with a fuse.
  • when i plug it half way ,precharge circuit with the resistor, the VESC blinks (I understand here capacitors are charged and i can go all way in)
  • when i go all way in after some seconds a spark sounds in the XT90 antispark, then VESC turns ON and works fine --for the momentā€¦
  • after that, nothing broke, resistor in place, no magic fumes and stuff like thatā€¦

in any case im afraid to plug all the times as the spark actually happens despite the setup!

Best regards!

veeery nice! i have it with my Caliber II trucks, very recomended if you have those trucks! its cheap and robust. I can not tell you for other models of trucksā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

hello new to esk8, i got an evolve gtx 2 weeks ago and want to swap the factory ESCā€™s for torqueboards vescā€™s and remote\receiver, has anybody done this before? the reason is that this board is too dangerous with the recent connection issues and im too tense while riding it after it sent me flying yesterday. no mechanical problems( bearings, belts, motors, mounts etc) but sometimes its jerky with throttle, braking delays and cut offs, having to restart and re-pair the remote. i have dissasembled the board and everything its perfect inside, i think is just the fact that the receiver built into the ESC is not good at all ( they designed their own bluetooth module or something like that ). all help is greatly appreciated since esk8 cuts my commute to work from 1h20m to about 25-30min.crazy traffic

I am looking to apply a layer of carbon fiber under my deck for extra strength. I am completely new to carbon fiber and glass fiber forming so I have a few questions:

First of all: Whatā€™s your opinion on this carbon fiber? It is very cheap but is it good?

And second: With what glue do I glue it, I have seen some tutorials and they use ā€˜resinā€™ What is resin? I always have tought it is epoxy but is that right?

What glue do you recommend for me

Oh and how does glas fiber help? Does it add also strength to the board? (I know carbon fiber will add more but glass fiber allows you to still have some flex

Thank you :slight_smile: