Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Its possible, but you have to be quite patient or decent with some hand tools

thanks! that looks awsome, i guess ill just have to try to make something like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone tell me where these wires are supposed to go? The white temp sensor is supposed to stick on the mosfets right?

Bestech D190 10s charge only bms

Ok I guess its a connection for a switch. Since the temp sensor is a normally closed 60Ā° triggered switch, the white leads should also switch the discharge on/off.

This and half the mosfets are missing on my other bms. I think it is explicitly made to charge only.

Only remaining question I have is why do these resistors get so unbelievably hot when the charge is full (so during balancing) and what can be done about it? I am a little scared of alu heat sinks because of the possibility of shorting something. Also they get so fkin hot that I think a heat sink isnt going to magically solve the problem of shit getting hot near my battery which is supposed to stay cool.

What shrinkwrap ima need if building a 10s4p 30Qbatteries ? I ended buying the wrong size

I donā€™t know if it works, but the width+width (width of heat shrink) has to be 5 cm bigger than the cirfumference of the batteryā€™s smallest side. Pretty sure it works.

@longhairedboy has the shrinkwrap for batteries. Iā€™m sure it all depends on how wide of a battery you are making.

Unfortunately heā€™s out it saysā€¦ Iā€™ll continue looking on Amazon, eBay or AliExpress and see if I find it

Iā€™ve got more coming soon, but check Ebay. Thatā€™s where i get mine. It takes weeks and weeks to get here, which is why i make it available to the community in the first place.

4 Likes

Noob question of the day:

When connecting a FOCbox with 4mm ā€œbullet plugsā€ to an SK8-149kv motor with ā€œ4.0 bananaā€ plugs, do I need any adapters? Looks like they will fit pretty snug, right?

Did Google already answer my question?

Thanks!

No you would not need an adapter but the focbox comes with 3.5mm bullet connectors so if you have 4.0mm on your motors you would either need to change them out or make an adapter

Hello Briman05,

The FOCboxes I linked appear to have the ability to customize the connectors. I will just have him throw on 4mm ones.

So If I use the 4mm ā€œbulletā€ connectors, those will work with 4mm ā€œbananaā€ connectors correct?

Thanks!

BKB changes out the bullet connectors as a service to his customers from Enertion they come stock with 3.5mm You bullet and banana connectors are the same thing

Alright sounds good!

Looks like iā€™m going to get the 4mm ones! I switched motors to the SK8 6374-149kv motor, which comes with 4mm bananaā€™s already. Iā€™ll probably talk to @JLabs and see about editing my order againā€¦

Thanks!

You will probably need to make a phase wire extender if you are using that motor because its phase wires are very short but it is basically just male on one end and female on the other.

True, I will probably just get an adapter thenā€¦ 5.5mm male to 4mm female shouldnā€™t be hard to findā€¦ Hopefully!

Thanks again!

Hey I was wondering what materials (including tools) are needed to build a liion pack.

Spot welder Soldering iron Nickel strips Foam insulation 18650 insulators Glue gun or silicone gun 10 awg cable 22 awg 2.1mm charging port On/off switch Heat shrink Kapton tape

2 Likes

add to thatā€¦

• BMS
  • balance lead/connectors if they donā€™t come with the BMS
  • mosfet board (vedder switch or other type) if the BMS doesnā€™t have one built in to plug your on-off switch into
  • wire strippers/cutters

Kapton tape is great for its dielectric properties but if you want to keep wires in place with a vengence (and if you donā€™t need a high dielectric tape in that particular location ) before you slip the whole pack into the shrink tube, i would get a roll of Gorilla tape. I have started using it along the nickel edges to add padding to it before running balance leads down the side when i need to, and small strips to neatly tie down the balance leads, and also to add some toughness/padding to the total package.

2 Likes