Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Probably canbus.

Won’t hurt anything but most likely won’t be able to supply enough current to be usable.

You’re more likely to damage the cells than the ESC, most Esk8 setups using 18650 cells like your drill uses with have them in parallel so no single cell is having to deliver all the amps that are flowing out the battery and into the ESC and motor. Say the cells in there can do 20A at peak for a few moments without frying out or dropping so much in voltage they die quickly… if you are pulling more like 30-40A (or trying to) then you are going to have major problems with the battery. If you find the max amperage of the cells and limit the amperage in the VESC tool then there shouldn’t be any issues aside from possibly needing to push start or not having enough power to climb hills or push against the wind.

Hello, I have been having this problem where the teeth are separating from my belt, what might be causing this?

Can’t say I’ve seen that exact kind of failure. Might be good to post a bit more info though, have you seen the same thing with different belts? have you tried belts from different manufacturers at all yet? is it always the same width belt (what width)?

Looks like maybe belt is too loose:

My first belt (not sure of brand) and the next 2 belts (from torque boards) have all failed in the same way. they are 265mm and 12 mm wide and have not been exposed to water or heavy dirt. Here is an image of the setup.

Thanks for the advice. The reason i was askin, im having trouble susing out how to charge my 10s lipo with my graupner18 charger, and i was itching to get out on it in this nice weather were havin in Manchester, so i linked them in serice and thay work very well, been about 3miles on it and still good, feels same as my 10s lipo

1 Like

I’m not seeing what failed but maybe from rubbing on the wheel.

Belt size calculation anyone? I tried the link that was given out but I’m a NEWB.

Wheel pulley: 44T

Motor Pulley: 20T

Distance between centers: 98.425 mm

HTD 5M

Looks like it is just glued on I would try better quality belts.

Something looks like it’s tearing/stretching while belt is warm/hot most likely I’d say while braking or accelerating… I would say braking over acceleration as braking is the more physically demanding on equipment… just a thought

Take a string and wrap it around the wheel pulley and the motor pulley. That will be the distance you need.

2 Likes

@esk8368 what is your brake setting at? Maybe try lowering that on next belt???

DBL check belt tension too.

brake is set to 20amps

Thanks! It’s approximately ~340 mm

I would order that then either next size down or next size up depending on your measurement

1 Like

Thanks aigenic, very helpful the motors on my set up now are 6374 inrunners but lack in power. Im using a 10s3p 18650 battery pack but have room for more cells.
i’ve seen some 6365 outrunners online that produce 250 kv and 3600w peak will these be a better option and if so should i add another 10 cells in parallel or up it to 12s
sorry for all the questions but im really enjoying this hobby and need a better understanding. How do i upload pics too? thanks again for taking the time to help much appreciated

@dareno

To add pictures- hit the underlined arrow then follow instructions.

2 Likes

Planning on going the 18650 way. I know I need a spot welder, but there’s so many different ones on Amazon I’m confused which is the correct one. Any advice ?

It might be easier and almost cheaper to have one of the guys here build it. Thus you know it is done right.

2 Likes