Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yes, but

The capacity drops-off like a cliff after 3,2V. You might be giving up an additional ten meters of range once you get below 3V

But don’t these discharge graphs show that if you stop at 3,2 v at a constant discharge rate of 10A, you’d still have about 600 mAh left in the cell? That’s got to be a significant amount of juice (no?), which would mean that the capacity used is only 80% of its rating.

You are right. But it’s easier to just go with nominal voltage. Considering every ride is different Wh usage is just an average for that run anyways.

:+1: I guess using this modified value is useful if you want the remaining range in the ackmaniac app to be more accurate.

I am a newb

2 Likes

What gauge are balance wire ?

I believe 22

BNTECHGO 22 Gauge Silicone Wire Spool White 50 feet Ultra Flexible High Temp 200 deg C 600V 22AWG Silicone Rubber Wire 60 Strands of Tinned Copper Wire Stranded Wire for Model Battery Low Impedance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4RPC4M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_q7Z7AbSC7X18T Is this good ?

1 Like

That should be fine

where can you find an explanation for ALL the VESC-tool parameters, incl. advanced ones? (a bit more/deeper than the description at the mouse over function)

http://vedder.se/ and http://vedder.se/forums/

can you give a link where at least one function is discriped?

You can find a video on YouTube that Jacobby did it is with the bldc tool but it is very in depth

Hey guys full noob here but ive been stalking you lot for ages (don’t judge me), I’m new to the esk8 world but have been ruining perfectly good RC cars for decades so not completely green but there are a few things I need help with. bloody KV.
in RC you wanted the thing to do standing backflips and go 100kmh so the highest voltage coupled with a large motor and a decent esc. This principle applied to electric skateboards nearly ended me so I’m here cap in hand asking for help based on a street setup, carbon deck, belt system, very similar to an evolve carbon gt

out runners as opposed to in runners? what are the advantages? sweet spot KV I’m going to go large so best motors for pulling a 100kg man up a hill but still having around a 45kmh top speed. not bothered about too much faster than that just want a smooth acceleration with torque sorry for war and peace chaps and ill put up some pics of the build once i finish at hogwarts.

170kv on 12s, 190kv on 10s are most used around here :slight_smile:

More torque, lower kv :slight_smile:

Dual 6374 motors will do the work easily :slight_smile: With wide TB caliber trucks you can run them both on same truck, otherwise you can use diagonal set up or go for dual 6354, but that would not give you as much power :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where can I buy canbus buy bulk ? Thanks

Would it hurt to use 2 @ 18v dewalt 4.0amh wired in serices to power my mountainboard? Dont want to hurt my foc boxes???

Lithium ion batterys 18v dewalt from cordless drill!!!

You can find them on ebay

What do I search?