Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

if I understand correctly, that would make your board sloped. Maybe use thin risers on one side to Level things out? Then again, the slope would barely be noticeableā€¦

YES.

10 chars

1 Like

Does anyone know what options i have to widen my wheels for the TB 218ā€™s. i saw someone post on here reg long spacers ( good ) then a different one looked carbon fiber ( better ) then another one that was square to cylinder (best ). i cant find that post because i believe it was a picture, can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi. Having plat warranty, changing bullet connectors or XT60 - XT90 or using different hardware voids the warranty?

You could probably find out from enertion themselves but I would say it would void it

You can use adapters for testing (make them or @scepterr sells them)

Once everything works and has been tested you can cut them off and just solder the wires together which is better anyway. That might void the warranty

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a 10s3p-25r with charge only bms. Charger:

How long should it stay plugged in after the green light comes on?

I left it plugged in overnight a while back and the enclosure directly above the bms was still warm. I figured itā€™s normal, just wanted to make sure itā€™s not something sinister.

Was probably about 4-5 hours to charge, then maybe 7 hours with the green light lit.

^^Times a thousand fifteen :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Hello everyone I am working on finishing up my second building and going to integrate two VGA ports to charge from. I have zippy 6s x 2. My only question is do I just take hot and cold and the balance connectors for each battery and put them both in parallel with the connector? Do I need to add any sort of separation between the two batteries somehow, or anti-spark connector to separate from the Esc? I have an anti spark on off pcb/button. Thank you all in advance.

I have heard some people wait 30 minutes Iā€™m not quite sure though so you let it charge for 4-5 hours and then let it sit with the green light on for 7 hours? if you have a smart charger the charger will basically shut off when it turns green and then just trickle charge.

Yes you need an anti spark connector between the esc and the batteries. If you are trying to increase the mah then you use parallel series. If you are trying to increase the series you would use a series connector.

Yes, I fell asleep before it finished charging the last time i charged it. I did notice it was warm another time, about an hour after green light. It doesent get warm untill itā€™s fully charged (green light) I never took the enclosure off to directly check the temp of the bms. It warms the pvc enclosure directly above it to around 92Ā°ā€¦ @ ambient temp of 70Ā°.

I would try not to let it go for that long again but probably 1 hour should be good

1 Like

It gets warm after the charging is completed due to bleeding resistors of the bms. If a cell is fully charged the energy has to go somewhere. So warm means, your bms is working

Can someone explain how you calculate the max rpm or erpm value with a given motor kv and voltage?

Iā€™m gonna use a 280kv or 190kv motor, for starters with 6s and then upgrading later to 10s li-ion.

When I do 190kv * 10s * 4.2v = itā€™s too low to be close to the 60.000.

What am I missing?

Pole count

So itā€™s:

Motor kv * motor turns * cells in parallel * 4.2 volt at max?

So the sk3 280kv has 18T, might run it at 6s for starters.

280 * 18 * 6 * 4.2 = 127.008 erpmā€¦ ?

What does the E in erpm stand for?

Waitā€¦ is pole count the same as motor turns?

E stands for electric

Iā€™m somewhere near 22-28wh per mile. Whatā€™s your average speeds?

Might be I just accelerate then slow down then do it some more all the time. But Iā€™m like 225 combined with board. Also 6ā€™2" so like a giant wall to block air. :thinking:

Average I think is like 19-21mph varies. Mostly because I use alot of developments with stop signs to commute around town and barely ever sidewalks or main roads.

I donā€™t always ride crazyā€¦just depends on my mood. But Iā€™m only 130lbs. So at a constant speed it pulls like 1-3amps per motor under 30mphā€¦ if that.

1 Like

A question regarding range and effective capacity in our boardsā€¦

People usually state Watt hours for their 10s4p packs of samsung 30qs as 432 Wh, and to calculate range they divide this with their average Wh/km (or mile).

However, the capacity used to calculate total Wh for the battery I believe is given by draining a cell from full charge to zero, usually from 4,2 v to 2,5 v. We rarely allow our cells to go that low, so the total watt hours value is misrepresentative to give an estimate of range, if using the given mAh of the cells to calculate Wh, right?

Wouldnā€™t capacity for a cell discharged to 3,2 volts (or however low you go) give a more accurate estimate, ie a 30q would then have a ā€œreal lifeā€ effective capacity of about 2.200-2.300 mAh that would make a 10s4p pack have a usuable Wh of ~330 until we donā€™t want to go lowerā€¦?

And sorry if my electrical terminoligy is messed upā€¦ :smile: