Noob question thread! πŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Thanks that makes sense

1 Like

is 14awg good enough for a series connection on a 12s pack? its already soldered.

Hey there guys.

I’ve been wanting to build my own electric longboard. But have no idea where to start or how to start. I would like to have hub wheels instead of a belt driven motor. I also would like it to have a top speed of about 25mph and have power to get up hills with ease. My budget is about 600USD.

Can anyone lead me into the right direction as to what parts I should get, How to build it etc.

Thanks

Meepo Board v1.5

I dont want to buy one, I want to build one.

then i would suggest you read read read, and then read some more. use the search bar on the top right.

1 Like

You might have a hard time getting quality parts for that budget. Mine is around 800 for my belt drive and that isn’t including the board since I do my own boards.

1 Like

@briman05 what’s your board like witha budget of 800? I do have my own deck.

I am still building it but I have a 10s4p battery and 5065 sensored Motors with a 15/36 gear ratio.

How long have you been building it and what exact parts did you get?

I have the Yuneec E-GO board with a completely dead battery and I would like to strip it of all the parts that make it electronic and put on my own.

Any suggestions?

Absolutely not, the series connections take all the current. They must be beefy enough to withstand the full discharge current you intend to draw from the pack.

1 Like

Uhhhh what?

replying to an earlier post by dg798.

With regard to your build plans, hub motors are kind of crap for hills. They have less torque, less power, and are less efficient than non-hub motors. Also, the nice ones are more expensive too.

For a budget build with hills in mind, they just don’t make a ton of sense.

Ok. Could you lead me into the right direction as to what parts I should get for hills, range and speed? I have a deck.

What range are you looking for?

About 10-15KM

With that budget and range goal, a LiPo pack is a good fit. 10s 5ah should be a good starting place.

Use a BMS if at all possible.

A 6355 motor would probably be a good combination of power and price, and would be small enough to go dual later.

Steer clear of stock 4.xx vesc hardware (maytech, hobbyking, etc) and get something upgraded like a focbox.

Couldnt I start off with dual?

Not on that budget. (Ok maybe if you really hunt for deals and get lucky, but it’s a serious stretch.)