Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I want to power a led that’s inside my on/off button, I am running a 6s setup and the led works on 12v. Do you know a solution to step down the voltage without buckconverter?

I know that you can make a voltage divider with 2 resistors in series, is this the best way? And which values do I need then? (1ohm and 1ohm or 370ohm and 370ohm for instance)

Does your vesc supply 5v?

1 Like

No unfortunately not, I use a hobbycar 120A esc which has a built in switch. I measured the same voltage of the batteries on the wires of the switch so the switch has also the 6s voltage.

I will probably hook the resistors of the led directly to the battery and not via the switch because maybe it wil interfere with the on/off function of the switch haha

How the heck do I pair my Hk-Gt2b to the receiver?

Put the bind plug on the receiver power both on and hit the bind button.

does it matter which channel i conect the vesc to?

Hi, Anyone know what material was, that used to cover battery pack (the yellow sheet), like enertion space cell used.

Do you have a picture for reference?

This yellow sheet (from space cell open up thread)

I am not trying to be rude, but since you mentioned it why don’t you get serious about dropping a few pounds ?You don’t have to do it overnight just stick with it. I did it. Then your body won’t have to work as hard as your board will. Plus you won’t believe how much better you will feel and your body will thank you . Just saying…

sealed vs not sealed?

WTF is wrong with you? Been here an hour and posting about a 6 month old message. Not cool.

4 Likes

I would say sealed should have a longer life as there won’t be rocks getting in and messing with your motor.

1 Like

I would like to make a 12s 5p battery using LG MJ1. They are rated at 10Amps, do you think 50amps is enough ? Or I could go with 30q and get 75Amps but I think this is kind of overkill

Single motor is fine I think

Are there any drawbacks to letting the board stay on for a few hours (2-3), except for a small consumption of power? At the moment I don’t have a switch build in thus I need to disconnect the FocBox every time I shutdown the board - therefore I unscrew the enclosure which is quite unhandy.

Just be careful that you dont discharge the battery(s) past the critical level. Can you get a hold of an XT90s loop key? That’s the easiest most reliable switch ever.

Switch is on the way, so this situation is only for few days. However it is something I want to know ;)! Actually I can’t thing of any negatives…

Is it Safe to rest you vesc on top of batteries? In the instance of a top enclosure, could I place the vesc above or on top of batts inside of it? My concern is heat build up…

I wouldn’t, heat is only one of the issues. The other concern that I would have would be height. With a single stack battery pack with VESC’s on top, that’s close to 2 inches. Unless your riding on top of big AT wheels your likely to scrub a lot and that will eventually put a crap ton of pressure on the VESC’s and in turn on the pack.

3 Likes