Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Seems pretty solid. I think you might be able to get it somewhat cheaper if you source parts yourself, but then you might go with 6374 and then it would be the same price perhaps. That is if you are able to find the parts for a cheaper price.

I was planning to perhaps go for belt drive. Then I totaled the parts and motors and thought hell I might as well go for broke and purchase these guys. https://www.carvonskates.com/products/carvon-v4-speeddrive

1 Like

ThatĀ“s @fottaz shop you linked. You can try and source all parts, but i think you wonĀ“t find them cheaper seperatly. You also safe a lot on shipping if you buy from less sources. You also support a bro :slight_smile:

would this kit be considered powerfull? The 7kw statement seems a bit ridiculous to me, but maybe itā€™s true?

You wonĀ“t reach those numbers with an Vesc/Focbox and normal 10s4p battery for example.

Just compare motor sizes to know how powerfull a build can be. This one has 6355 motors, which are more or less about the same power as all other 6355 motors you can get. These are really good sized for dual drive and youĀ“ll be suprised how much power these deliver if you ride your eboard for the first time.

If you really want more, you have to get larger trucks like TB 218 and go dual 6374 motors.

Yo who can tell me if I need to change any settings in the vesc tool or whatever in order to be able to control both my dual Focboxes using Ackmaniacs App with one HM-10 module attached to the master Focbox?

also what does the ā€œconnect by CAN to IDā€ setting do? My Master Vesc is called 0 and the slave 1.

Install AckmaniacĀ“s firmware with his Vesc tool. Enable PPM and UART and set the baudrate to 9600. You should see the HM-10 after that if you search for bluetooth devices in the app now and are ready to go!

2 Likes

You simply need to connect the master Vesc to your PC and choose with which Vesc you like to connect to. So when you insert ā€œconnect by Can to ID 1ā€ youĀ“re able to switch settings on your slave vesc.

1 Like

ok so the app is connected with the module but it doesnā€™t show any data. Everything is 0. Any ideas?

Edit: Nvmnd didnā€™t write app configuration.

2 Likes

Is it possible and ok to use a 10s4p for this motor. I have dual motors. Also for more range can/should I do (2) 10s4p. I use this for off road, lots of starts & stops.

What kind of motor is that, maybe iā€™m not the one who capable to answer your question precisely :blush: since iā€™m still learning and also do the research for my built. Anyone could help him?

Thats one of these old monsterboard motors. You can simply hook a 10s4p on it as itĀ“s rated for 36V. For more range just get a battery with a higher P count, like 10s6p for example, depending on how much space you have for them. I know @longhairedboy did a few experiments with those board, maybe he can chime in with some wisdome about them?

Hey, Iā€™m planning to build a 10S10P pack This is obviously a lot of cells (18650) (100x) So here is the question:

• could is simple bypass any 10S Bms (used for charging) or could there occure any problems?

• im planning to weld 10S1P packs (10x) And then connecting them in series (also weldet) Asuming I take enough Nickel to Handel the currentā€¦ Any concerns while discharging with 120A max without bms?

Thx for your thoughts and help guys :slight_smile:

Yes, those motors work fine at 10S. However, the 4P is not going to give you a lot of range. Assuming youā€™re using 30Q cells, and the boards that these motors come on never do, youā€™re going to want at minimum a 6P if you want any range. A 10S8P would actually be ideal for these monsters.

YEs its only an 800 watt motor but hold onto your ass. They throw out a ton of torque and with twin motors you can easily grab a side and throw grass everywhere. You need a P count that can deal with that.

If youā€™re building your own pack, get a 100amp BMS for this or bigger.

Total count last i looked was about five of these big Tronix boards in my shop right now, mostly in parts and pieces with only one mostly put together and functioning. Weā€™ve been over-volting and abusing them for a customer of ours.

1 Like

I am guessing you are building a battery pack from old laptop cells? And yes you can use a bms only for charging. There are a lot of people who does this, the only thing is that a bms between battery and esc is obviously saver.

Btw if you need a charge only 10s bms: I have one and I live in the Netherlands so you can buy mine if you want :slight_smile:

who sells flexable battery enclousers?

@Eboosted does :wink:

2 Likes

Hey,

I just finished my first esk8 build but I still donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing. When i ride my board, it feels fast and agile for about five minutes before it quickly slows down and loses most of its power. Iā€™m using it to 5s 18.5 volts batteries in a series and once it gets below 35 volts it starts slowing down rapidly and barely functions. My question would be, how can I make it work well for an extended period of time? And what wrong with it?

Parts Iā€™m using: Torque Boards 6355 190 KV Motor Torque VESC 2 Turnigy 5000 maH 30c 5s batteries (in a series)

Hello,

Noob here. I would have made a separate thread but I havenā€™t been active on the site long enough.

Has anyone tried the 58T drive gears with Evolve adapters from Boardbumpers for the AT setup? I have an evolve GTX with the AT wheels. Will this drive gear strain the motors and reduce my range significantly? I posted this question on evolveā€™s forum but nobody has responded.

I also want to do the battery mod with the 30Q samsung batteries in the near future. Should I wait until Iā€™ve upgraded the battery before I try this drive gear?

define ā€œsaverā€

Saving what? Iā€™d prefer to save my ass over saving some electronics.