Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Easy man. Step 1.) put remote on full throttle,engage cruise control (or duct tape if your remote doesn’t have that mode) Step 2.) shotgun that beer(s), useless to hold an empty can. Step 3.) enjoy your blunt while flying down the street while heavily burping!

10 out of 10 would recommend.

5 Likes

this is excellent advice, and also i just figured out how to use my helmet as a hand-held cooler for more beer, so i think i might be able to carry the whole six pack in ice inside my helmet and just hold it all by the strap while flying down the road with a lit blunt with my hand duct taped to a my fully throttled remote.

this plan sounds pretty solid, i may do some testing soon.

4 Likes

The issue is that there are no pulleys bored to 8mm at the chain size. #40 The minimum is around 1/2 inch.

noob question: how do you guys conect sk3 motors to vescs? sk3 apears to have banana plug.

Focbox has banana plugs on it but if they don’t you just solder them on.

1 Like

Hello! :alien: If I am building a one layer 12s4p like this: IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII with the nickel strips connected in a snake pattern, should I use 3 or 4 layers of strips of the top and bottom ends? :thinking: The cells are sam. 30q and strips are 8 x .1mm

Thanks in advance :pray:t2: :grinning::battery:

Is 12s okay to run on mono 190kv ?

It is, but theres always a risk to it And it also depends on what VESC you’re using

TB vesc from diyelectricskateboard

Yea it should be fine to run 12s on the DIY vesc, but personally I wouldn’t :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had pretty bad experiences with DIY vescs. Theres always a risk to everything

I feel if I run the motor efficiency at like a 65% it should be good no ?

I don’t know what you mean by “snake pattern” but you need to connect them this way, that way if any of them short together in the middle it doesn’t cause a fire because they’re already attached together there anyway

____ ____*____ ____*____ ____*____
IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
____*____ ____*____ ____*____ ____

Also connect the nickel with 10AWG silicone-insulated wire where the stars are so if the battery flexes it won’t pop the welds

Also I only recommend 10S if you’re using VESC

I don’t think motor effienciency has anything to do with this, correct me if I’m wrong Many people have tried 12s on DIY vescs and were fine, but also many people fry their DIY vescs with friggin 6s-10s also I wouldn’t go above 10s honestly, any higher and you’re risking frying parts

Aww man I’m scared now !!! I’m not trying to fry my vesc. I’m running 9s 5ah right now and it’s fine. I bought another same battery to make it 12s for that extra 3-4 mile range. Not really worried about going too fast. 25mph is quit fast enough. Really going for range here. I should just sell my (3) not even month old 3s lipo once the fourth one arrives then go and buy these instead

image is this wiring scheme for discharge also, or just charge?

edit: was unclear

That’s discharge. Charge-only wiring would be the same, except the load ( - ) goes straight to the battery ( - ) through an anti-spark loop-key or an anti-spark electronic switch

Are there any Vesc set up differences when using dual motors and a PPM splitter? I know you have to set them both as masters.

Thanks

@GJHS If you split ppm and you are using same motors configure each vesc exactly the same but do a motor detection with each vesc to its motor

I am using two 3s batteries in series for my electric skateboard and will charge it with this bms. I have soldered two female balanceconnectors to the bms and connected the charger to the bms.

When I checked the voltage on every pin I noticed something wrong. The voltage for the first 3 cells were all around 1.3v and changed from 1.3 to 4.2v. The last 3 cells got a higher voltage then 4.2v like around 6v. The total is still the 25.2 volts if you combine every charging pin, but the batteries will not get the needed voltage in this way. What is wrong here?

I have tried to search the answer but couldn’t find it, do you guys have any suggestions? https://hobbyking.com/media/file/845847974X4580138X13.pdf <- technical file bms

your charge lead positive needs to be on the packs positive, not the balance lead.

1 Like