Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Thank you for the head up ! So could you tell me how much wh there’s in a 30000 mah powerbank vs the 260 wh of a 7500 10S3p

The real capacity is wh ? Not mah ? I don’t clearly know what’s the difference

I assume there are 8 3,7V 18650 batteries in parallel in your powerbank. So 3,7V x 30ah = 111 Wh 10S3p with 7,5 ah = 36V x 7,5ah = 270 Wh Watthours is the right term if you wanna know how much energy is stored in a pack. Amphours tells you how much hours a battery is able to deliver 1 Amp. So the Volts are missing here to tell you somehing about the energy.

Thank you very much ! Makes sense now :stuck_out_tongue:

Battery pack question here! If I was looking for an alternative way to solder battery packs together would I be better off using copper braid (11mm Flat Copper Braid) or solid copper wire (COPPER WIRE, 2.0mm) to hand solder?

Hey guys, I am trying to figure out a good number of teeth on the motor pulley side.

Going to be running 10s3p, with dual torqueboards 6355 190kv motors and 32T / 80mm wheels.

Any input on number of teeth for the motor side would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on your goals. Try this: http://calc.esk8.it/

Let me know if you have more questions after that.

1 Like

thanks for your help on that, since i will be running a dual set up, does that effect these numbers much? how would i enter that?

Not positive but it might raise your top speed a couple ticks.

Your top speed will likely be limited by wheel size. I run your same dual setup but on 90mm wheels and it’ll do 30mph.

with my current set up, what are your thoughts on climbing hills? am I going to be fine?

Yeah you’ll be great unless you weigh 300 pounds or gear it to do 45 mph haha

haha ok cool! Thank you for your input on this!

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience with this particular VESC - diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/

Yes, it has been tested and approved by many, that is a reliable and a site that is used by many on this forum.

Alright im a heavy rider and im looking forward to more torque so i have dual 6374 motors but im trying to figure out what battery to make i want two 10s4p batteries but im a little concerned about clearance if i stack them and i dont think i would have more distance if i use a single 12s4p. Any suggestions would help

Hi guys, what settings should I change to help make my board less torquey? It jumps from under me too much to feel comfortable with riding it. I had shoulder surgery in December and I kind of need it on the more safe side than super speedy. It has hub motors so I also have to do a little kick start so if I could make a bit more smoother when the motors take over it would help a bunch.

A good idea is to get ACKmaniacs firmware and set the throttle curve in the settings.

1 Like

Lower battery max to half of what it is now, then work up from there.

1 Like

Would it be possible to swap the switch on my enertion spacecell battery with the following push button switch?

https://www.amazon.com/Ulincos-Latching-Pushbutton-U19C1-Suitable/dp/B017KP67FY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1495569734&sr=8-4&keywords=push+button+switch

please delete this comment, i am receiving help now.

Doesn’t seem good at all, but I’ll let the battery experts chime in. Those batteries are pretty dangerous