Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

You should be fine with the 12s4p depending on range and speed you are looking for

I’m pretty sure the speed from this setup will not be reached by me, and I can imagine, that should make 30km easaly, I’m just not sure if I can go with high vescs settings, having this pack.

Edit: I do imagine, that my vesc and motor combo can output an insane amount of torque, so I just wan’t the best possible performance from them, with out battery limiting me.

there are plenty of people on here doing 12s4p. I would keep the 12s4p because it is going be more battery then you will probably need.

Can you limit the top speed in the vesc settings?

anyone know which pulse timing to use for arduino spot welder

yes

1 Like

Has any1 done a wood deck with built in enclosure? is it possible?

Its possible, but you have to be quite patient or decent with some hand tools

thanks! that looks awsome, i guess ill just have to try to make something like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone tell me where these wires are supposed to go? The white temp sensor is supposed to stick on the mosfets right?

Bestech D190 10s charge only bms

Ok I guess its a connection for a switch. Since the temp sensor is a normally closed 60° triggered switch, the white leads should also switch the discharge on/off.

This and half the mosfets are missing on my other bms. I think it is explicitly made to charge only.

Only remaining question I have is why do these resistors get so unbelievably hot when the charge is full (so during balancing) and what can be done about it? I am a little scared of alu heat sinks because of the possibility of shorting something. Also they get so fkin hot that I think a heat sink isnt going to magically solve the problem of shit getting hot near my battery which is supposed to stay cool.

What shrinkwrap ima need if building a 10s4p 30Qbatteries ? I ended buying the wrong size

I don’t know if it works, but the width+width (width of heat shrink) has to be 5 cm bigger than the cirfumference of the battery’s smallest side. Pretty sure it works.

@longhairedboy has the shrinkwrap for batteries. I’m sure it all depends on how wide of a battery you are making.

Unfortunately he’s out it says… I’ll continue looking on Amazon, eBay or AliExpress and see if I find it

I’ve got more coming soon, but check Ebay. That’s where i get mine. It takes weeks and weeks to get here, which is why i make it available to the community in the first place.

4 Likes

Noob question of the day:

When connecting a FOCbox with 4mm “bullet plugs” to an SK8-149kv motor with “4.0 banana” plugs, do I need any adapters? Looks like they will fit pretty snug, right?

Did Google already answer my question?

Thanks!

No you would not need an adapter but the focbox comes with 3.5mm bullet connectors so if you have 4.0mm on your motors you would either need to change them out or make an adapter

Hello Briman05,

The FOCboxes I linked appear to have the ability to customize the connectors. I will just have him throw on 4mm ones.

So If I use the 4mm “bullet” connectors, those will work with 4mm “banana” connectors correct?

Thanks!