NOOB Builder- 10s 149kv - Final Choices -PLEASE HELP

Its not bad, sorry should have been clearer I meant lower than 6061

The winning remote looks the same as the remote I have listed. In regards to the motor clamp, I am going to use it for the time being. I am doing this as part of a gcse project :grinning:. If it turns out to be rubbish , I could always mill a new one or 3d print and then cast one. Thanks so much for the help.

I’m into mountain biking as well😀, do you live in the UK?

Fair enough your decision

no, but i know that UK has some rly rly sick locations…Rachel atheron just rules the mtb throne

1 Like

Yeah, lots of cool trails and bike parks​:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Bump. Any more opinions. is the motor kv ok?

no real exp with that motor but i mean it is ok i guess kv wise

what does exp mean? also everyone has got sk3 motors. these sk8 ones are sensored are they any good. I can’t seem to find much. also do you think ill be able to get over 20mph with a 15/36 pulley if i weigh 68kg??

thanks

http://calc.esk8.today/advanced/ Pretty reliable calculator. You can buy motors from APS(AlienPowerSystems) he is from the UK, he has good prices and since you are not that far away, a good chance for some quality service.

There are other vendors

Thanks for the help👌

Advice from a fellow rookie here… maybe look for mounts that are sold through vendors on this website. Saw a post for motor mounts that were pretty inexpensive. Also, used mountd may be an option. The pullys from johnny fit the mbs wheels just fine… i have both on my build in progress.

Thanks for the advice. What are your thoughts on my motor. Do you think the kv is too low. What do you use on yours?

I have 192 kv sk3 on a 12s4p battery. To be honest you may have to do a little reading because i just copied some of the more experienced guys builds

hi, i know I’m late to the post. how did the project work out for you?

I am still working in the project as it is school GCSE coursework. I have done some of it. Do you have any questions?

ahh cool, I’m also doing my GCSEs atm, but my board wasn’t for coursework lol. how’s that mount holding up for you? are you using lithium polymer or Li ion?

The mount still seems to be holding up well, haven’t used it under load though.