New Vesc-X Motor Controller - enertion boards

Ha-ha, 4.12 is now called “OLD” VESC

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/products/176/images/1023/Enertion-VESC-X-Motor-Controller-5a__07524.1476333176.1000.1000.jpg?c=2

Yeah this is sad. I didn’t think he would go china-redesign-fuck-the-license way. But there is absolutely no information on his website neither about the license nor source code.

Give him some time. I think the community judges to quick.

5 Likes

Someone should update the title to be a bit more descriptive

Done :slight_smile:

The thing is, chaka still never made them public. He said he sent all the information to vedder who supposedly didn’t upgrade the BOM. Who’s to say that onloop didn’t do the same.

Wow… This definitely looks like a new layout of a regular vesc. I don’t entirely see the point in buying this or making it when the 6 is coming out with the same format and better software/hardware.

Why no details? There’s no info as to why it’s “better”, which is what enertion does for every product, whether said product is actually better or not.

Because it’s available now. That’s the point. People who have $70 extra can get an upgraded vesc in a nice compact package. I bet software wise it’s identical to latest regulars vesc.

Exactly - sending the stuff to Vedder is all that is necessary. I seriously doubt however that Vedder explicitly allowed redesigning the Vesc and putting an enertion logo on the PCB without notice to the community.

I’m looking to VESC 6 because of FOC. When this is just a modified VESC 4 and the DRV stills blows, it’s useless for me and not worth the extra money.

1 Like

Sorry Man… But you just jump to conclusion too quick… Wait and see… Also, since there is so many thing that can go wrong (electronic wise) with the vedder design, that redesigning it, is maybe what will give VESC more stability and less stupid problem.

2 Likes

I think the major thing responsible for better FOC and no busted DRV is the change in layout. So this VESC-X might be more robust even without the other changes that are in VESC6.

Well there is nothing I can do besides wait and see. I am obviously hoping that the files will be released and more information is made public. But if that does not happen then I will happily come back and say “I told you so” :wink:

Well, if tou want to play the little pretensious card, without giving credit to the hard work behind, do it… But don’t drag people who try to be givie back to the community… Don’t BE a ASS DUDE !!!

1 Like

Wait so it the VESC-X still a version 4.12 vesc but just in a different shape? It looks identical to the pics of the 6.0 vesc I have seen.

Just talked to someone on the live chat and they said, “It has the same version with different shape. It is 4.12”. So umm why does it look like version 6.0? lol

Maybe the better components are just what chaka uses in his vesc but who know.

A load more info in here:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-improved-vesc-x-official-thread/11102/

After seeing his new post I have to admit that it looks like I was wrong. Did not expect this to happen but am happy it did. I apologize for judging too quickly.