New Vesc-X Motor Controller - enertion boards

Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions as it hasnt even been released yet. Just wait and see what happens??

1 Like

Aint nobody have time for that! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not for sale yet, One can only add it to a wish list on enertions website. It’s also called a motor controller not a Vesc. Perhaps when its for sale its spec’s and capabilities will be added to the website as well.

Looks like price was updated $168

ITS UP!!!

VESC X

1 Like

still can’t believe how he made a fuss about @chaka using upgraded components and not making them public. And now he offers a completely redesigned VESC without any information?

The thread I am refering to (bring Popcorn): http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/topic-created-by-onloop-is-the-ollin-vesc-using-upgraded-components/8212

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. He has been pretty quite about it here.

Ha-ha, 4.12 is now called “OLD” VESC

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/products/176/images/1023/Enertion-VESC-X-Motor-Controller-5a__07524.1476333176.1000.1000.jpg?c=2

Yeah this is sad. I didn’t think he would go china-redesign-fuck-the-license way. But there is absolutely no information on his website neither about the license nor source code.

Give him some time. I think the community judges to quick.

5 Likes

Someone should update the title to be a bit more descriptive

Done :slight_smile:

The thing is, chaka still never made them public. He said he sent all the information to vedder who supposedly didn’t upgrade the BOM. Who’s to say that onloop didn’t do the same.

Wow… This definitely looks like a new layout of a regular vesc. I don’t entirely see the point in buying this or making it when the 6 is coming out with the same format and better software/hardware.

Why no details? There’s no info as to why it’s “better”, which is what enertion does for every product, whether said product is actually better or not.

Because it’s available now. That’s the point. People who have $70 extra can get an upgraded vesc in a nice compact package. I bet software wise it’s identical to latest regulars vesc.

Exactly - sending the stuff to Vedder is all that is necessary. I seriously doubt however that Vedder explicitly allowed redesigning the Vesc and putting an enertion logo on the PCB without notice to the community.

I’m looking to VESC 6 because of FOC. When this is just a modified VESC 4 and the DRV stills blows, it’s useless for me and not worth the extra money.

1 Like

Sorry Man… But you just jump to conclusion too quick… Wait and see… Also, since there is so many thing that can go wrong (electronic wise) with the vedder design, that redesigning it, is maybe what will give VESC more stability and less stupid problem.

2 Likes

I think the major thing responsible for better FOC and no busted DRV is the change in layout. So this VESC-X might be more robust even without the other changes that are in VESC6.