New Vesc-X Motor Controller - enertion boards

Haha settle down people he won’t be on for a while. It’s early in the morning in aus

The link to his shop with “VESC extreme” in the link has been up for several days now.

If this is a different product not designed by Vedder he probably shouldn’t call it VESC. Not because of the CC license but because of trademark infringement and because of issues related to consumer protection.

Or we just wait for his answer? I think its a unofficial placeholder… Just Enertion maked on a vesc. Nothing to worry :smiley:

1 Like

i think vesc could now mean Mr.Vedderman created the concept of a eboard esc and the concept is now made by other people. If that makes sense. almost like naming his invention after himself.

Scramboards has done nearly the same months (maybe a year) ago and nobody cared. The folks on the forum just ask if it’s good or not, but no clear answers were given at this point. I see you have been active there too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

true - did not think about it much at that time. To me it sounded like a couple upgraded components (just like what chaka is doing with his VESCs) but not a major redesign like what onloop is showing with the VESC X. In fact should the other guy not publish his design as well?

This is absolutely not a new product as I am 99% sure it runs the same code and uses same CPU, DRV etc. This is most likely a rework => must adhere to CC BY-SA 4.0 => must publish the schematics with the same license. Swapping several components and rearranging them on the board does not make a new product.

Why hasn’t Enertion answered any questions about this…

But even with Creative Commons license you are allow to test your design before you publish it.

Sure. You have to do it when officially launching the product.

Well, what he has done so far seems to be far away from a “launch” A placeholder with only renderings and one video on Instagram…

at least the scram boards guy is actively selling them on ebay

Well, I must admit I have never seen them before, and after seeing them, I would not buy them.

But you are right, they should open source it. But even if they don’t, it would be hard to chase them on it. The only things we can really do about such ripoffs is encouraging the community to not buying them.

There’s this one also, vedder does not seem to care about hardware

http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179&hilit=Uvesc

http://spinphi.com/index.php/component/jshopping/product/view/3/27

You’re right, not a lot to do. Copyrights are especially difficult to enforce on hardware - so, violating CC license doesn’t do much here except move the community against a vendor.

I agree, am waiting for LHEsc6.0 vesc in :100:% red for the extra 20% performance impact !! Lol @longhairedboy @lowGuido @LEVer

Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions as it hasnt even been released yet. Just wait and see what happens??

1 Like

Aint nobody have time for that! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not for sale yet, One can only add it to a wish list on enertions website. It’s also called a motor controller not a Vesc. Perhaps when its for sale its spec’s and capabilities will be added to the website as well.