New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

Still cheaper to handsolder the real deal :wink:

P.S. From technical perspective those mosfets are not even good for 60A focbox/vesc6 uses direct fet which are rated for over 300A ea and still struggle at 60A currents, this is 150A capacity so it means at 100A they will be burning open fire so maximum is like 60A not even constant cause the case is really bad at dissipating heat. Chinease ESC uses those mosfets but like in 5-6 in parallel for 80A currents :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, damnit. I knew it seemed to good to be true, lolā€¦

This 20A ESC

2 Likes

For those who actually can hand solder one of these thingsā€¦ I canā€™t :sob:

150A rated ESC :smiley: This is also require heavy duty heatsink with active cooling even at 50A

2 Likes

you really want to compare flight ESCs (which are placed directly under/behind the propeller) with skateboard ESCs in dust/waterproof housing :wink: :wink: ?

I donā€™t really get your message :wink:

All ESCs have mosfets, all mosfets have some Rdson and all correspond to the law P=IĀ² x R :wink: So you will have some heat on every ESC, just depends how you handle it :wink: . And if you look at that (from here): TempRDson

and that: IDTemp it is no wonder that you canā€™t do high loads cont. if you donā€™t get away heat. I donā€™t really think that 36 Fet design has really some better Rdson, just the losses splitted over some more spaceā€¦ :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back to topic:

okay, and what about wire gauge size?

how many are you yet? I would be in.

1 Like

Well Iā€™d first like to see how a review of this turns out, but if it turns out to be good Iā€™d say 2 to 4 (only if Iā€™m unable to get the ESCapeā€™s Iā€™ve ordered, those are my first choice). I literally just posted thisā€¦ How many were you in for? On top of my ESCapeā€™s Iā€™ve ordered, Iā€™d probably get 2 of these.

sounds reasonable

Depends on how to mount them and how waterproof they really are. The screws in the case seem to be only for the big and small closing lid, so i donā€™t know how to attach them anywhere (without drilling into the waterproof case). And waterproof means at least IP67 (for me), everything else is waterresistant and can also be done by simple spraying.

All in all, maximum 3, worst case 0.

Life is a Learning experience :wink:

1 Like

im in as long as they can each handle 40a, also if each foc box has a switch does that mean i have to turn on two switches for them to works?

I though someone might as well take a punt so I have ordered 2. Will be shipping in a weeks time.

Lets see how this turns out

2 Likes

Very eager to hear how they turn out. Did you get a pic of what it looks like in the aluminum case?

I dont think they have them yet. I have a feeling they are expecting them any minute.

They said 20th of May :slight_smile:

I will drop them a message then

1 Like

Pictures available Thursday of the case

1 Like

Wonder if anyone has evaluated what they put on their site stating the differences between their VESC 6 and the ones currently on the market.

2 Likes

Just saw this, seems quite impressive.

2 Likes

just read threw the whole site. there is some interesting stuff going on there:

1.Power advantage: we added an anti-spark switch to the front of the power supply to allow a maximum current to pass up to 300A. Also, itā€™s more convenient to use.

not shure about that but hey thats just my 2 cents

Meanwhile, C37 ,C39 ,C41,C40,C43,C44 were all replaced by 10uF 100V

all good VESC producer do that for years ā†’ ollin, esk8.de

7.Optimization of PCB layout and process 1). The PCB adopts a gold-thickening process with a 6-layer PCB layout design. The thickness of each layer of copper foil is 3OZ, and the total copper foil thickness is 3OZ*6=18OZ.

could explain why this board is such big ā†’ they cant produce small traces with a 3OC metal layer, but I doubt that they are really using that on all layer! probalby only on the outer 2 Layers

6.Optimization of Mosfet 12 Power MOSFETs NTMFS5C628NL is specially processed on heat dissipation and over-current to achieve continuous 80A output and more stable performance.

whatĀ“s true? 80A continous or 60A? i am shure that this gernerates some smoked fsesc

2). PCB size layout is more convenient to use. We integrated the XT60, XT90, bullet connectors 4.0 and so on, making the overall looks more beautiful.

why a XT60 and XT90? the desing looks like XT90. but hey, the 4mm bullet connectors are okey

just my thoughts about that side.

1 Like