New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

Question, is the speed off for all iOS 11 users or do I need to re download it. I do have an iPhone X as well if that’s the problem

Speed should work. You can choose gps speed or wheel speed. For gps you need to allow the app to access you gps data. For wheel speed you need setup accurately your pulley and wheel setup. Let me know if you still have a problem. You can also send me debug logs.

When will this support fw 3.34?

Where did you get FW 3.34 ? Nothing on Vedder’s Github.

Updated through the VESC tool

I can’t make the app compatible without the source. I’ll make it available as soon as somebody push to github.

You can study the VESC Tool source code :wink: (last commit). There was one thingie added at the end of the MC_VALUES structure

@rpasichnyk thank you for the info. I hope the GitHub will be updated frequently …

@Colson003 the app is now compatible with FW 3.34

1 Like

@rpasichnyk : nice catch !

Wouldn’t this new value be the gyroscope ? The chipset is present on the HW 6.4, but not used yet. This would be a great news ! :slight_smile:

This app is great! The only thing is I could not figure out how to export the data. Put in my hotmail address but nothing came yet.

Did you turn on “Send ride data by email”? It’s kinda obvious but I didn’t do it the first time. It’s in Settings -> DataViz

@emmaanuel Would be so so sweet to have speed and battery on an Apple Watch or Android Wear. Loving the app, so simple to use. Keep up the good work and let us know any updates about watch integration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did indeed! Also changed email address given multiple times. From what email address did you get the data from?

The app use the iOS mail function to send the data. Did you setup the iOS native mail ?

im on 3.34 but seems like the app cannot connect to it. works great on 2.18 though

The app works fine with 3.34. Take care when you upgrade to 3.34 to setup the VESC correctly. Can you verify:

• your vesc app is in « ppm and UART » mode
  • your vesc uart speed is the same between your Bluetooth module and your VESC (usually 9600 or 115200 bauds)
1 Like

ah fixed, it was the baud rate :smiley:

Good. Enjoy !

2 Likes

Hi emmaanuel

I don t see the speed and temperature plots in the app, I don t recieve any emails. Please tell me how to get the plots? Great app by the way thanks​:smiley::snowboarder:

For some reason, speed is never accurate for me. I have all the correct settings, but it always shows 1.5-2x the speed im going