New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

:slight_smile: Yes, I’m finishing to publish the new version with support to the 3.31. But send me your email by MP, and I’ll send you the last beta. This will solve your pb.

@MatwoSvK invitation sent :wink:

I just installed the hm10 to my FocBox today. Is there no way to READ current vesc settings? The boxes were all blank and I think I can enter values and send it to the vesc. Any reason there’s no option to read current values so it’s an adjustment instead of typing in all values?

Can you send me the debug logs ?

NEVERMIND. I tried another module and they both popped up. BUT it would be great if I can rename them to “left” “right” as they are both named hm10 at the moment

I think I got it working…might’ve been an connector issue. But now I have another problem. I have two HM10, one on each focBox and only one hm10 would connect, the drop down doesn’t show the other hm10…in fact no other bluetooth device show up. also is there a way to rename the modules?

I see the problem. Let me think how I can improve that.

1 Like

Hi @CamBo did you manage to connect it?

Yes, he did. It was a problem on his VESC settings after he upgrade the FW version (he didn’t activate the uart mode).

Okay! I guess I will have try the 115200 baudrate. Thanks for the fast answer :slight_smile:

maybe it wasn’t the module afterall, I’m back to my original problem where only one hm-10 module connects, the other one just blink red and will not connect to the iOS app

You can only connect one BT module at a time. @Mikenopolis @bevilacqua send me your debug log, I’ll help you to figure out what is going wrong.

Yep, just like Emmanuel said, I didn’t have the UART enabled after upgrading to the new ACK version. Thx again @emmaanuel

A couple things I noticed: when you hit the reset button, it doesn’t reset the wh consumption so your efficieny becomes incorrect. The only way to fully reset is to turn off and on the board and it would be easier if the button just reset everything. Also it seems that the efficiency is only going based on the wh used and not factoring the wh put back into the battery. It’d be awesome if you could look into these things!

Overall great, thank you!

Yes, you are completely right. The power consumption is calculated directly by the VESC (and not the app), and it start when you power on the VESC, and it’s reseted only when you power off the board. I add this point to my todo.

Hi. Is this app compatible with firmware 3.33?

Yes, the latest version (2.2) is compatible with 3.33, and also with raptor 2 firmware.

1 Like

Cool. I will give it a go once my Bluetooth module arrives.

Really happy with this app, works smoothly, had a small problem because I forgot to change the vesc app setting to UART and 9600 bps, but after it works brilliantly. Well done for such nice and useful app.

ps: the only bug I found out is that it says firmware version 3.31 when I am using 3.33, not that it matters to me.

Thank you for your feed back. It’s good to ear you enjoy the app. Thanks for the bug report, I’ve just fixed it. You have to install the app again, it you want it to be correct.

C’est pas souvent qu’on voit des français ici :smiley: :fr:

Are you still planning on open-sourcing the app ?